How Can A Woman Maintain a Healthy Relationship With A Man

as strange as it may sound I think all healthy relationships start with communication…honest but carefully chosen, and then a healthy dose of give and take…but since I follow ’ the beat of a different drum’ you might want to ignore my opinion…hehe

Don’t just know it, befriend it. :wink:

That’s one of the keys to a woman’s :heart:

That’s one of the keys to a woman’s :heart:[/quote]

Well, that’ll certainly help to knock down all the testosterone around here.

:notworthy:

I don’t know. I’ve never had a healthy relationship with a man. I’ve been used; I’ve used. The problems are with the words “healthy,” “relationship” and “maintain.”

My response is based on the tile of this thread. It all depends on the man. With my man, the answer is “be yourself.” With some others, that appears to be a sure fire way to piss them off. So who fucking knows? (OHHHH, western woman just used fuck in a sentence. Must not have a better vocabulary.)

Or the men could just try ErHu’s advice…

Erhu wrote

[quote]Jack Burton wrote:
b. know the Clitoris.

Don’t just know it, befriend it.

That’s one of the keys… [/quote]

Geez,
We’re not all bloody doctors!! I certainly haven’t had any medical training.
I’m a pretty easy-going bloke. I’m happy as long my lass doesn’t play any mind games and she gives me plenty of personal space. The latter requirement is easily met as she lives about 60 km away from my pad.

Better than 60 km is 12,401 km away. My ex and I couldn’t get along while living in the same town and going to the same high school. Things improved before deteriorating when I went to school on the other half of the state. Things are amazing between us now that I’m 12 time zones ahead of him. :smiley:

How do you maintain a healthy relationship with a man? Apparently moving halfway the world, going home only once a year seems to do the trick. Of course, I am going to assume when you mention “relationship” you mean romantic liasons.
In that case, I’m all ears…do tell. I would love advice from youse guys.

IL- our study techniques are quite similar, my big test is on Sat :smiley:
This is the last of a 3 year battery of tests for me, hopefully :help: Good luck!

Well, that’s kinda the problem that I’ve always run into. I’ve worked my little(*) ass off trying to please my girlfriends, and they’ve generally taken it as their due and done little or nothing in return.

(*) rhetorically speaking

Back in college, one couldn’t even be bothered to mention that a mathematician I particularly admired was going to be speaking to her little group of scholarship recipients until the day after it happened. The only reason she even knew who the guy was was because I’d been studying his work practically every waking hour for most of the previous year. “Oh, I forgot to tell you. . . .”

I never really saw it that way. I guess most of the people I have dated were friends before so we were more casual than most. Dare I say, mundane even.

That’s one of the keys to a woman’s :heart:[/quote]

hmmm. Great minds think alike. May I suggest a forum to talk and exchange some more views. :wink:

[quote=“ironlady”]No point in looking for anything productive here, daasgrrl. They’ve already decided the direction, the tone and the content. Just let it go. :unamused:[/quote]How is that different from the women’s forum ? No-one’s banned women from these discussions on account of their gender. We welcome your input. Well, I do.

Well, that’s kinda the problem that I’ve always run into. [/quote]

MaPo,

Please do not quote out of context. The “explain to me why I would even bother” is in answer to someone exhorting me to POST, to REPLY MEANINGFULLY, not to do something for a relationship.

How can a woman maintain a healthy relationship with a man?

Just follow Tom Cruise’s exhortation in Magnolias.

:wink:

[quote]Jack Burton wrote:
b. know the Clitoris.

That’s one of the keys to a woman’s [/quote]

Erhu, and others, I suggest the following:

salon.com/mwt/feature/2004/0 … index.html

The words just before index.html say it all. :wink:

[quote=“Mucha (Muzha) Man”][quote]Jack Burton wrote:
b. know the Clitoris.

That’s one of the keys to a woman’s [/quote]

Erhu, and others, I suggest the following:

salon.com/mwt/feature/2004/0 … index.html

The words just before index.html say it all. :wink:[/quote]

it’s great to use the words work and cunnilingus in the same sentence.

this book has a catchy title:

Box Lunch: The Layperson’s Guide to Cunnilingus

How can a woman maintain a healthy relationship with a man?

Spit, don’t swallow! :laughing:

Mr. & Mrs. Jack Lalanne

Ouch, ouch, ouch. Conflicts between men and women! (Or I should say between certain posters here in this thread or on this board.)

Oh well. Sometimes we all disagree.

One thing that pops into my head when I saw the topic of this thread though:

Sisters, don’t call your man and ask him why he hasn’t called you. It just makes no sense, but I understand you gotta do what you gotta do. But, like I said, always a bad idea, unless your intention is for him to call you even less.

Don’t punish your man when you say you are not going to. Just don’t lie. Nobody likes that. When you feel punitive, own up to it and try not to act out on it. (Unless, of course, your intention really truly is just to kill that son of a gun, then you gotta do what you gotta do…even then, don’t be lying that you are not mad or shit like that.)

Wait a minute, are these PC things to say?

Amen to Tomas’ comments, and give ironlady a break already! She makes a good point about discussions on forumosa being dominated by men and threads about “women” usually go in the same directions–Asian vs. Western, dating & marriage, sex, “feminazis” etc. So ironlady dares to :unamused: roll her eyes at yet another bullshit thread about women vs. men and she has “no sense of humor” and can’t just “go with the flow” like a good sport. Comments like that are especially rich coming from you guys in forumosa’s over-3,000-posts clique, who spend half your days writing long-winded opinions and rebuttal statements and filling up almost every other thread with stupid little tit-for-tat arguments.