How can anyone watch Bill O'reilly or Fox news?

Bill O’Reilly is one of the most despicable person on TV. Using the plight of people’s homeless situation and dehumanizing them for a bias political propaganda is just evil. Remember that time a man named Hitler blamed the Jews for being the root of all a countries problems? How quickly we forget the atrocities humans have committed to one another.
mediamatters.org/video/2015/06/2 … -on/204200

The frustrating thing is that there are a lot of people that say ‘hell yeah’ while watching Fox News.

My mother being one of them. It’s bizarre. She’s really a likable, intelligent person, otherwise. I just don’t know how to broach the subject with her.

I think it has to do with feeling superior, feeling “in the know.”

Returning to America will be interesting.

you probably have not been to the US, or if you have it’s enclaves of relative pluralism like LA, NYC, part of the West Coast, etc. and not Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, etc Yes, they may be perfectly decent people (and I know some like that), and they are nice and polite and friendly in every way, except that they are astoundingly obtuse regarding current affairs, political awareness, etc. that is a large swath of america.

[quote=“Andrew0409”]Bill O’Reilly is one of the most despicable person on TV. Using the plight of people’s homeless situation and dehumanizing them for a bias political propaganda is just evil. Remember that time a man named Hitler blamed the Jews for being the root of all a countries problems? How quickly we forget the atrocities humans have committed to one another.
mediamatters.org/video/2015/06/2 … -on/204200[/quote]

I’ve heard the average age of Bill O’Reilly watchers is like 71.

If you think Bill O’Reilly is the worst, you should be very grateful you haven’t spent more time watching Fox.

Don’t underestimate the power of an echo chamber. Disenfranchised people want to her their viewpoints repeated – angrily – by authority figures as validation. Let me point you to a little country called Germany in 1933…

I cancelled my mod with chunghwa telecom because they only had Fox news for a US news channel. It’s 24 hours of crazy. Now I have CNN, which is not better but a different kind of crazy… more like ADHD hyperventilating about the biggest story EVER until the next biggest story EVER hits. IMO, Sean Hannity is much worse than O’Reilly.

Bill O’Reilly’s tactic is to ask leading questions, and then constantly interrupting the interviewee as he or she tries to respond. Very intellectually dishonest.

Plus he’s a bigoted turd.

Come on bring in some real 2 minute hate. I mean if you are going to try to disparage something that gives you the feelbads and has badthink I want some actual spittle. I mean a link from media matters on Bill O’reilly? Dude, do you even internet?

fox news is great entertainment. i love it

It’s pure comedy! And their rants, filled with fallacy and paranoia, have been truly entertaining over the last 7 days!

My facebook feed is full of friends and family from back home that echo Fox News regardless of how ridiculous the angle might be. I just keep my mouth shut.

I like one segment that O’Reilly does. On Sat or Sun mornings there is a 1 hour long profile of various American gunslingers from the Old West. That is interesting although there is a little of an angle even in that segment.

The one that really makes my skin crawl is not a Fox News host but rather a frequent guest. Ann Coulter.

Do you think it’s possible the producers don’t actually believe half of the crap they put out there? Maybe the reason you get such outrageously retarded nonsense on Fox is that it’s like an all-year-long April Fool’s joke. They’re probably running some sort of competition among themselves to see how totally random they can get before the punters wrinkle their little sloping brows and think: hang on, that can’t be right, can it?

Megyn Kelly is interesting. She sometimes has the guts to take conservative guests to task, which goes against the Fox practice of being agreeable with conservatives and ridiculous with liberals. I think she’s a smart woman who has sadly been caught up in the Fox machine.

Just one more reason to rip your TV from the wall and throw it out your 5th floor window. Except you might accidentally kill someone, but you could claim chabudouism in your defense. Maybe.

Do you think it’s possible the producers don’t actually believe half of the crap they put out there? Maybe the reason you get such outrageously retarded nonsense on Fox is that it’s like an all-year-long April Fool’s joke. They’re probably running some sort of competition among themselves to see how totally random they can get before the punters wrinkle their little sloping brows and think: hang on, that can’t be right, can it?[/quote]

The producers are just catering to the beliefs of their audience. I doubt they care if it is outrageously retarded nonsense if they keep their viewers.

Megyn Kelly is kind of hot, if you can block out her political views and things like that. I think Jon Stewart had some remarks along those likes.

Now, that does not apply to Andrea Tantaros, she’s not hot and has nothing intelligent to say.

Do you think it’s possible the producers don’t actually believe half of the crap they put out there? Maybe the reason you get such outrageously retarded nonsense on Fox is that it’s like an all-year-long April Fool’s joke. They’re probably running some sort of competition among themselves to see how totally random they can get before the punters wrinkle their little sloping brows and think: hang on, that can’t be right, can it?[/quote]

The producers are just catering to the beliefs of their audience. I doubt they care if it is outrageously retarded nonsense if they keep their viewers.[/quote]

yea its called ratings and book sales, do you really think Bill oReilly believes half the shite he spouts? I doubt it. he’s selling a product: his persona

Watch the move night crawler, it touches on this subject.

Viewers = $$$. ramp up the emotion and get people angry, hype up everything, target one segment, play the blame game on some other group, make people anxious and afraid.

Thankfully taiwanese are more interested in cute stuff and food in general, except for when the latest disaster comes rolling around!

i just saw a infographic where it showed Fox News (gallup polls?) is the most trusted newsource in America