How can I access shared files on PC from an I Pod FOR FREE

I need your help. I tried but I failed. Can someone reccomend a free file manager that lets me access my shared directories on my PC from an Ipod.
I use Es File Manager on the Android and I want to do the same thing.
But the File Managers I’ve found that are free are missing the “Network Option”.
I broke my arm just a week ago don’t have much patience. Please save me from my fate. I just want to listen to my media.

Too bad’s it’s a PC, or you could just AirDrop the files to a Mac from your iPod (if it’s 5th gen Touch or newer). No network connection necessary.

Maybe see if somebody can pick those files up on their Mac, then ask them to send the files to your PC.

AirDrop, AirPlay, and Apple Pay are about the only reasons I stay with Mac these days.

Ipod? Didn’t know they make those anymore.

There are plenty of opensource program capable of transferring files to an ipod. Banshee, Rhythmbox, Clementine to name a few. Most of them have Windows version.

IPOD. It’s difficult for a DOS, WINDOWS, Android and early Mac USER,
(I sold and taught people how to use software at Mac/PC Warehouse back in the LCII Performa days) to wrap one’s head around.
It doesn’t share. It doesn’t even play nice with accessories. But, wow, the checkers, chess game and other apps are pure elegance. It’s soothing and fun to use.
But I still want to be able to access the home network, pop into the household Music and Movie collection and choose a nice film or CD before bed.
Why… can’t I do it. And, most of you are tech savvy.
Is that the trade off? Download songs or movies ahead of time via apples approved sharing methods. Download your favorite games and settle down to use it free of outside distractions…
I kind of get it. But, I still think I’m cheated in some way. But wow, the Marvel Comic Book Program is so intuitive. It elegantly pans and scans through the pages…