How can I get a copy of my citizenship records since I don’t live in Taiwan anymore?

I am a Chinese citizen from Taiwan and live in US now.
Is there anyone here that know how and where to get a proof of “ changed of name”. I have changed my name when I renounced my citizenships. My problem now is I have different name from my birth certificate and the one that I am using right now. The US immigration was asking for me to show a proof that i ve changed my name. I can’t be able to go to Taiwan to get it. Is there anyone knows where? The household registry wasn’t the responsible one.
Please help me to find out…
Thanks.!!

Uhhh… situation sucks.
You renounced your Taiwan citizenship (and you write plural citizenships; so, did you have multiple citizenships?) to become a U.S. citizen? Or clarify what happened here.

Why is U.S. immigration asking for proof of name change if you are already a U.S. citizen? Again, unclear on this part.

What stage of what process are you in right now?
What do you mean the household registry wasn’t the responsible one? The “one” doing/did what?
Quite unclear in what is happening.

Go back and write out exactly in simple details what has happened/is happening.

Lastly, shouldn’t you be a Taiwanese citizen from Taiwan, or are you leaving out more details about you having once been a citizen of China, who came to Taiwan, got citizenship, who then went to U.S. to get citizenship?

in addition why you can’t be able to go to Taiwan to get it?

I read that the OP renounced taiwanese citizenship for PRC citizenship.

Fify. :slight_smile:

In case anyone’s forgotten :cactus: according to Taiwanese law, Taiwanese citizens are citizens of the Republic of China. We’ve had whole threads about that. It’s politically controversial but legally solid.