How can i get a radio show?

anyone know how i can get a radio show in kaohsiung?
i have on air experience and i brought a ton of cds with me.
i’ve heard some english language radio and thought it would be cool to get some air time to share some positive vibrations with everyone out there.
thanks and peace to all

Speaking perfect Mandarin would be a start.

Somehow I doubt ICRT are going to let you play your own CDs, and they certainly won’t hire you without a passable handle on Mandarin.

[quote=“rastarevolution”]anyone know how I can get a radio show in Kaohsiung (Gaoxiong)?
I have on air experience and i brought a ton of cds with me.
I’ve heard some English language radio and thought it would be cool to get some air time to share some positive vibrations with everyone out there.
thanks and peace to all[/quote]
Drop a line to DC Rapier at ICRT. He does the weekly Blues Power Hour. However, he just sends them the show each week on tape – if you want to be an actual DJ on ICRT, you must do as you’re told, play exactly what you’re told to play (hint: dub, rocksteady, ska, toasting and reggae are strictly no-no) and generally be a total clown and asswipe. And have good Chinese. The reason for this is that ICRT stands for International Community Radio Taipei. The “international” part of their name means they play mostly mandopop and 80s cheese.
If you want to do a reggae spot as a “freelancer,” Rapier would be the man to ask how best to go about it.
I’d tune in to hear you, for sure.

Is this show still on ICRT? It used to come before or after the Jazz show (“Jazz Flavors” ?) with Bill Theissen. I still listen to the jazz show (which I like a lot) on Sundays from 9 to 11, but I haven’t heard the blues show (which I also liked) in a while. Maybe I’m just not tuning in at the right time.

I’d like ICRT to have more shows like these. Would CBS (China Broadcasting Service), or whatever the name is for the radio station that has or had something to do with the government, be an option? Didn’t they do a radio series about the Dutch in Taiwan (in English)? They might be open to some type of new radio program ???

Best of luck. I hope you find some way to play your music.

I talked to some of those ICRT DJs (remain nameless) and they could hardly speak any Mandarin…

Internet radio.

Drop a line to DC Rapier at ICRT. He does the weekly Blues Power Hour. However, he just sends them the show each week on tape – if you want to be an actual DJ on ICRT, you must do as you’re told, play exactly what you’re told to play (hint: dub, rocksteady, ska, toasting and reggae are strictly no-no) and generally be a total clown and asswipe. And have good Chinese. The reason for this is that ICRT stands for International Community Radio Taipei. The “international” part of their name means they play mostly mandopop and 80s cheese.
If you want to do a reggae spot as a “freelancer,” Rapier would be the man to ask how best to go about it.
I’d tune in to hear you, for sure.[/quote]

how do i get in touch with “DC Rapier at ICRT”?
are there no independent radio stations here? universtity radio type stuff?
thanks for the advice.

Yes, there are, but you might have realized that most everyone here speaks Mandarin.

yeah, i noticed that. but, you might have noticed that music, and correct me if i am wrong, is the single unifying language (and dont try to give me this “math is the universal language” crap because we all know people who can’t understand that language). music transcends culture, language, religion and whatever other social boundries we’ve constructed and my desire here is to try and share some vibes with those who may otherwise miss out on some great music.

Yes, but unfortunately the people paying you don’t give a shit about the “universal language”, they give a shit about the audience numbers, and if the audience doesn’t understand what you’re on about, they won’t listen.