How Can I Prove I Have Spent 183 Days in Taiwan?

So one of my employers that I work part time for takes the 18% tax for the entire year because they claim that it is too difficult for them to know whether or not employees have spent 183 days in the country or not. I’d rather not pay that much at all, let alone the entire year. Once I have met the threshold, how can I prove that I have spend 183 days in Taiwan? They said if I could prove it, they’d consider changing it for me.

The stamps in your passport should indicate when you’ve been in country and for how long.

I don’t get stamps in my passport anymore for Taiwan because I use E-Gate.

Visit your nearest NIA office with your ARC, passport and 100NT$ application fee and apply for an “ROC Entry/Exit Certificate”.

and change jobs. then burn their business down.

seriously… WTF?

Since it’s part-time work, are you earning above $30,012/m from this employer alone? If not, the non-resident withholding rate should be 6%.

[quote=“系統訊息-全國法規資料庫”](二)自中華民國九十八年一月一日起,前目所定人員以外之個人全月薪
資給付總額在行政院核定每月基本工資一點五倍以下者,按給付額
扣取百分之六。
(2)Since January 1, 2009, for the salaries not exceeding 1.5 times the monthly baseline salary as assessed by the Executive Yuan, but with the exception of salary paid to the individuals described above in Subparagraph (1), 6% of the payment is withheld.[/quote]

The NIA should have records you can request. This info is logged automatically when you leave and re-enter Taiwan.

Since it’s part-time work, are you earning above $30,012/m from this employer alone? If not, the non-resident withholding rate should be 6%.

[quote=“系統訊息-全國法規資料庫”](二)自中華民國九十八年一月一日起,前目所定人員以外之個人全月薪
資給付總額在行政院核定每月基本工資一點五倍以下者,按給付額
扣取百分之六。
(2)Since January 1, 2009, for the salaries not exceeding 1.5 times the monthly baseline salary as assessed by the Executive Yuan, but with the exception of salary paid to the individuals described above in Subparagraph (1), 6% of the payment is withheld.[/quote][/quote]

I’ve only made more than $30,000 NT one time there since I’ve started working for them and that’s the only time I was taxed at 18%. The rest of the time has been 5 or 6%. Thanks for the replies on the entry/exit certificate. I am sure that once I present that to them, they will honor it.

@urodacus

I actually really love this employer and I wouldn’t do that at all. They are just a very large organization with a lot of part timers, almost all of whom probably aren’t making more than $30,000 NT a month at the job. This way is just simpler for them to do things, they don’t mean to screw people and I am sure once I have taken the time to present this to them, they will lower my tax rate after I’ve reached 183 days in Taiwan. They are not typical greedy scumfuck buxiban owners, that I can assure you.