How can I watch Taiwanese tv overseas as if its seen domestically?

Howdy!. Over the years I struggled to watch different tv channels from Taiwan. Most of the time I had to do it online, and while some newschannels can be watched from youtube freely. This does not be the case for the terrestrial free to air networks across Taiwan. I found some websites such as tv.itiver.cc and even jz88.tw which do streamed domestically channels namely CTV, TTV, CTS, CTV PTS and others as it is exactly seen on local airwaves. But I suspect the reason why the streaming was cut down and shut down was due copyright demands. I also believe that it was because some chinese streaming sites and servers which illegally streamed this content were taken down.

Because of this reason I couldn’t really find a proper replacement for such. I tried to look in Amazon for alternatives and they advertise this tv box called Funtv which does offer a pletora of channels but I haven’t tried. Do you guys out there can give me some hints or suggestions on how to watch these channels abroad?.

Just in case you were wondering what made me to have interest, its a funny story and it is related to the Academy Awards. I just happen to be watching TTV’s coverage of the Oscars back in 2015 and I really enjoyed the way how it was done and made it such as a tradition. But as mentioned, it has been kind of difficult to do so as year by year some servers were down and so on.

So overall do you guys know of a tv box or some kind of option which I could use to watch those channels?.

I think UBOX 安博盒子 is what you’re looking for but I’ve never tried it and it’s not that cheap.

Ubox (unblocktech) is what you need. Single one time buy for the box only. No monthly fees.

Lots and lots of Taiwan channels, and even from China and Japan, Europe, ect. The quality and buffering and normally ok unless watching a live sporting event. But lots of it might depend on the China servers and not necessarily your own internet connection.

Obviously it has tons of tv shows and movies.

It could be and probably is illegal as it laughs in the face of copyright law.

Interesting. Do you perhaps use the device you’re suggesting? I am new with this thing of tv boxes so I’m not very sure if that’s the one which should I buy. Btw do you meant this ? from Amazon it says something like Cocotron UBOX from unblocktech. There are some screenshots but I’m not sure if is the one you were referring to. As you mentioned it is a bit pricey but from the looks of the reviews on Amazon it is favorite by many users. Do these boxes have the capability to record some tv shows?. Can you do that?

As I mentioned in the comment from above. I’m not sure if you guys are suggesting this device. From the looks of it seems kind of small. I like the part where it mentions no monthly fees. However does this thing let you can record some shows or do I have to use other thing for that purpose?. I am not worried about the buffering of the quality, but if it is decent and to at least deliver 720p I’m okay with that. There might be some sports feeds which may experience delay I do understand, perhaps baseball matches or soccer ones?. Since I’m not in the States, would it work on any country?. Yes I’m referring about geographical restrictions which in that case I may need some VPN proxy and so on, needless to say that this can affect the buffering. Do you own one?. As It looks good reviews on Amazon, maybe this is the thing I should use.

You can also check out this thread where I talk about my experience with the Pro version.

It looks like that Amazon seller is an authorized seller for it and they add quite a premium price to it. In Taiwan it should be around nt 3000.

The unit is small but works great. You can’t record. It should work in any country.

For live TV there is no changing of the picture quality. Some channels are better than others. For the on demand TV and movies they have standard definition, high and blue ray quality however not every movie has all three quality available.

You can search YouTube to find people who show the channel list.