How can this guy do this?

https://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Colorado-man-admits-killing-pregnant-wife-2-13670278.php

Can’t imagine someone could be so devoid of any semblance of humanity

He must be of extremely low intelligence and have zero empathy. A true sadist.

A devil

Is this the Chris Watts case? Yeah, he’s exhibit#A for why I support the death penalty.

5 Likes

Good God. Sounds like an honest-to-goodness psychopath (spur-of-the-moment thinking with no regard for consequences + no empathy).

There are a surprising number of these people walking around. Estimates range from 1% of the male population upwards. I reckon it’s considerably higher in some countries. It’s just that most of them manage to get what they want (which often includes hurting people) without actually drawing attention from authorities. You can’t cure them or “help” them, so there really ought to be some sort of coherent State programme to keep an eye on them.

I always get confused about the distinction between “psychopaths” and “sociopaths.” It seems like psychos are just sociopaths with no impulse control.

The currently-accepted distinction is that psychopaths are born, sociopaths are made. But they’re otherwise virtually indistinguishable. Sociopaths usually have a conscience of sorts; it’s just been atrophied by years of disuse. Psychopaths literally don’t have one (and have other cognitive deficits too, eg., a much-reduced ability to feel and react to fear/pain). There are different opinions about that though; some psychologists use the terms interchangeably.

And there are people who send him love letters in the prison…

They always get those. When Ted Bundy was executed 11 women, who he had been corresponding with, believed he was in love with them. When they found out about each other several were so upset they had nervous breakdowns.

Utterly bizarre.

I’d like to be charitable and chalk it up to naïveté, but what a bunch of idiots.

I read a theory that serial killers are at once the ultimate alpha male and, once incarcerated, unobtainable. This makes them a serious catch for a certain type of female nutcase.

2 Likes

Yeah, but the women didn’t do their due diligence. Bundy actually acted as his own attorney during one of his trials and he put his girlfriend on the stand and based on the laws of Florida, he married her himself right there in the court room in front of everyone! Also, he managed to get his wife pregnant whilst in jail. He has a daughter roaming around.

So, those other women…geez…his marriage in the middle of his trial was so brazen and clever that everyone knew about it.

Reference? Alrighty then. Ted Bundy & Carole Ann Boone and their daughter Rose

1 Like

All this cra vençais he got laid. What a loser.

I hhave been following this case closely since the beginning. It is so much nonsense that I even can’t begin to type.

Killing his wife is sick. But it’s like generic, garden variety “sick.”

It takes a special kind of monster to kill your own kids. That’s an evil that provokes a visceral reaction from me, like I want him to die in a really painful way.

It’s a bit of a catch 22 answer, but if anyone committed such an act and claimed to feel remorse surely he’d kill himself. I know I would, even if I’d experienced some kind of mental breakdown.

People who commit such crimes and choose to continue living are incapable of remorse.

3 Likes

Like the Scott Peterson case, killing pregnant wives in late pregnancy for a mistress. Sick monsters. With Chris Watts he even drove the kids alive to the oil tanks and killed them there. His wife’s body was in the truck on the floor all the 59 min drive to the dumping site and his 2 kids buckled alive asking what happened to mommy. His response: mommy is sick we will take her to the hospital so she can feel better.

Upon arriving he dig a shallow grave for the wife’s body and killed the 2 kids there. Then on last months ‘full confession’ he says: ‘while driving to the dumping site I kept thinking how could I do this to my kids, what could I have done to save them?’ Then he continues to explained how he killed them at the destination. The kids were alive all the way and he thought how could he save them? What about not killing them when you arrive, monster?

Agreed. I hope this ‘full confession’ is for him to get it out of his chest and prepare to suicide in prison. If not, then I am sure it was to try to protect his mistress, Nicole Kissinger, the most hated woman in America now. Everyone says he was the catalyst etc. she deleted messages, stalked the pregnant wife and many things. He didn’t kill them but it seems she was the brains behind this. In case case, he tried to protect her since his arrest. He kept saying he didn’t want to destroy her life with all te media attention. And until now he states his extreme concern with all the hate she is getting from the public. I hate this guy! What about your wife and kids whose lives you destroyed?

I am in the cheer crowd to hear he tried suicide in prison. But he is such a coward that he will fail even at this.

A lot of people who easily take other peoples lives are afraid of death and will not kill themselves.

1 Like

Some are such chickenshit, they’d rather kill their spouse than get a divorce. Like this guy.

1 Like

That’s why I figured. Perhaps he’s worried about what might be waiting for him on the other side.

His confession is a joke. He says he found God now, in jail of course, but there is no remorse in his speech. It is all about him, total narcissist personality disorder. When talking about the MURDERS he says ‘that bad thing I did’. The investigators are even more pathetic “let’s talk about the bad thing you did”. It is like they are afraid to even just hurt his feelings. There is no more need to be that smooth to him now that he’s confessed, sentenced and the case is closed. Everything is disgusting in this case.

1 Like

Yea Its getting popular now in the west to allow people to self identify however they feel in the moment. Yea we don’t want to hurt this murders feelings that would be so wrong.

The investigators even use this sentence!
‘You know Chris, we are not here to judge you, that would be so wrong, we just want to talk to you’ if this was before he was arrested than fine, not after the man is already serving a life sentence.

Before his arrested the investigators did an amazing job calling him a ‘truth teller’ and playing all kinds of mind games to get him to confess. That was the time to try all techniques with this guy, not now in jail with all the a**kissing crap.

From the 5:00 minute mark they got it down

1 Like