How can we use ARC w/Ruten!

What I mean is you look at their “about” page, you don’t need an account to do that. Most the time they will list their phone number or email. You then contact the seller yourself with them and tell them you want to buy said item.

Still, we go back to square one. This is not like buying a house or getting a credit card. It is Internet shopping. Why are they restricting our right to shop? We should be able to buy like anyone else.

Yeah! Where else are we going to buy our togas?

Hi all, long time lurker but now a registered member!

I’m trying to set up a ruten account and it seems that the general consensus is it’s near impossible for a foreigner with an ARC to do it. Some people have linked an ID card generator and said it works but I’ve had no luck, every time I’ve generated a number it’s been rejected. The site I’ve tried is people.debian.org/~paulliu/ROCid.html

Just wanted to check if anybody knows of another ID generator or another way to register to ruten? They’re impossible to contact directly.

If I don’t have any luck I’ll have to use a friends account but I just wanted to check first.

Thanks!

Give up now.

Save yourself the hassle.

Use your friend’s account.

Some sellers on Ruten will write their phpone number/email address in their “info” page, so you may try that way.
Easiest solution, ask a friend/coworker and maybe offer them a cup of fresh tea or a beer to thank them.

[quote=“Ibis2k12”]Some sellers on Ruten will write their phpone number/email address in their “info” page, so you may try that way.
Easiest solution, ask a friend/coworker and maybe offer them a cup of fresh tea or a beer to thank them.[/quote]

I do that. There si this seller I know that has the stuff I want. Now I check his Ruten page and if I see something I like, I send him a LINE message and transfer the money. But I have established a relationship with the guy -not that kind!, buyer/seller kind- I even know him in person -they have a small brick and mortar place too.

I used to have afriend buy stuff for me, on commission, as there are many bids and she was really good at it. Alas, she is now studying abroad.

Ruten’s loss. I would shop more if I could. Actually, much better that way…