How close is the Thai area to Dingpu MRT station?

I’ve heard of a Thai area with restaurants near the end of the blue MRT line. Since Dingpu MRT opened, I’m wondering how close the Thai restaurants are to Dingpu MRT. Can you walk or do you need to take a taxi?

No more than a 10 minute walk if I recall. It’s more Burmese than Thai. Great food.

There’s a Burmese area near the end of the orange line (Nanshijiao). What’s this Thai area being discussed? I’d love to visit.

I read about it here

If it’s 10 minutes from the MRT now, I’ll finally have to check it out.

I read about it here

If it’s 10 minutes from the MRT now, I’ll finally have to check it out.[/quote]

I think we are talking about different places, sorry. I am talking about the same place as Chris, Huaxin Street near Nanshijiao.

[quote=“nonredneck”]

Looks pretty close on the map, will have to head over there.

I read about it here

I think we are talking about different places, sorry. I am talking about the same place as Chris, Huaxin Street near Nanshijiao.[/quote]

you’ve peaked my interest. Didn’t know there was a Burmese area. Probably need to check that out too.

Any Thai discos/bars in the area?

I read about it here

I think we are talking about different places, sorry. I am talking about the same place as Chris, Huaxin Street near Nanshijiao.[/quote]

you’ve [color=#BF0000]piqued[/color] my interest. Didn’t know there was a Burmese area. Probably need to check that out too.[/quote]
:whistle:

So did anybody go check out that Thai area? I’m the one who originally posted about it here: viewtopic.php?f=98&t=123352

It’s nowhere near as big as the Burmese area on Huaxin street, but it is the biggest congregation of Thai shops/restaurants I’ve seen in Taiwan. I don’t want anyone to get the wrong idea though, it’s probably only 4 - 5 businesses total.