How come I cannot edit my own topic?

Psychiatric hospitals, skid row, graves of the people who committed suicide or just gave up on life and love because of their wrongs, are full of people who could not forget their wrongs.

Learn from your mistakes or Don’t Worry Be Happy might be a better saying.

Really is all about context.

So, if one stays away for a couple of weeks, one can lose the regular status?

I know I’ve posted nearly a hundred topics with no response but come on. I feel like I post a lot in a lot of different threads.

How do you know if someone read something? If they scroll down and pass your post, is that considered read?

I get lots of responses to my comments. So how do they respond but not read?

Interesting question. I was suspended for the month of April and lost my Regular status. I only got it back when I asked why the rolling total hadn’t added me automatically once the conditions were met (total posts read, comments, etc.). I had no idea that I had to request the status and that to get it restored required someone in admin to make a manual change.

@tempogain
Do posters who are suspended lose their Regular status as a result of the suspension, or must moderators manually change the poster’s settings (manually kick the poster out of Regular status) in your discourse instance?

Interesting, I had a different spin on it. If you’re find out you’re wrong about something, that’s a good thing because it means you can correct your error. The only harm is if you stubbornly stick with the mistake.

Are you posting without reading? That’s like a selfish lover.

1 Like

Indeed. You have to remember your mistakes and learn from them.

1 Like

There’s a kind of grace period built in, so you won’t lose it right away.

One suspects that’s how they measure it, yes. None of it is going to be a perfect assessment, but Discourse does try to make it as logical as possible :man_shrugging: Here’s the requirements:

In the last 100 days:

|||Requirement|
| — | — | — | — |
|Visits||50%|
|Topics Replied To||10|
|Topics Viewed||279|
|Topics Viewed (all time)||200|
|Posts Read||12884|
|Posts Read (all time)||500|
|Flagged Posts||max of 5|
|Users Who Flagged||max of 5|
|Likes Given||30|
|Likes Received||20|
|Likes Received: unique days||7|
|Likes Received: unique users||5|
|Silenced (last 6 months)||0|
|Suspended (last 6 months)||0|

I see they made the suspension timeframe 6 months recently, it had been forever.

1 Like

I think you are all doing a wonderful job and I love you all dearly including tango … darn it , there goes that morphine again

1 Like

Normally I agree it’s good to remember your mistakes but for some reason I had a different take with discobot. Maybe it’s the “continue” part because people that do that continuously can end up with other problems. Meh.

No wonder I looked at it differently. Discobot has the quote wrong.

It should be

“To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.”

2 Likes

Yes. Being Chinese, maybe Confucius was saying not to remember any slight/perceived offense and to move on?

1 Like

Now I want to see what he said!

As philosophers go, Confucious wasn’t one of the best.

I’m going to Invoke @mad_masala soon :joy:

discobot was wrong with Confucius quote.

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Yes definitely

2 Likes

Usual “ alien “ malfunction ?

It seems a bit complex, here’s a thread on it

https://www.douban.com/group/topic/6806319/

This.

[quote=“discobot, post:16, topic:182787”]
To be wrong is nothing unless you continue to remember it. — Confucius/quote]