How could someone rape his dying stepdaughter?

This as so disgusting. Words fail me.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4743354.stm

A man who raped his unconscious teenage stepdaughter as she lay dying from a head injury has been jailed for nine years at the High Court in Glasgow.

Sentencing Judge Lord Philip told George McKee, 50, he had committed an “appalling crime” which filled members of the public with “horror”.

McKee admitted raping Kerry Muchan, 14, in her Paisley home on 23 July, 2005 while she was unconscious.

Kerry died soon after the rape from a head injury caused by a fall.

Lord Philip said: “Any sentence I impose has to reflect the revulsion and horror society feels at this kind of behaviour.”

Kerry was drunk and had fallen several times before she was raped.

Lord Philip said: “Instead of looking after her and being concerned for her condition and seeking medical help, you took advantage of her complete helplessness and raped her when she was in a state of complete unconsciousness.”

In addition to the nine-year sentence, McKee will be monitored for three years after release.

Stair fall

He pleaded guilty to raping Kerry at her home in Dalskeith Avenue, Paisley.

The court heard Kerry had fallen ill after taking a cocktail of alcohol and drugs.

Her death less than two and a half hours after being raped was caused by head injuries sustained during falls.

These included a fall down stairs after which McKee took her to his bed and raped her.

He was found in bed with his stepdaughter by a relative.

You just dont understand low Glasgow culture.

HG

The girl was drunk on acohol and drugs. Could this be a suicide attempt that had gone wrong? She was 14 and it wouldn’t have been unlikely if this man had had sexually attacked her before, hence explaining her condition before the fall.

[quote]
Lord Philip said: "Any sentence I impose has to reflect the revulsion and horror society feels at this kind of behaviour.[/quote]
Yes he feels so revolted that he only gives a 9 year sentence. :unamused: I’m probably certain that was the maximum penality, guessing. Yet, this still sends a message that rape is not that revolting to warrent a stronger penality.

Seriously. I can’t believe that is all he gets.

Scuse me if I’m way off the mark here, but I think the problem lies in part in the sensational headline. Of course, when he helped his step daughter home from a blinder at the local and she fell down the stairs after an arvo of flirty bitchin’ about her mum, he had no idea that her stumble was goin’ to ulitmately be fatal. So’s he proceeded in the spirit of the afternoon and hoisted her over his shoulder and shagged her just like he told her he would and just as she agreed.

Really, there are many ways to read it, the headline is but one. I don’t condone it, but I’m not a slave to a copy editor’s deliberate fish-wrap sell either and nor should you.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]
Really, there are many ways to read it, the headline is but one. I don’t condone it, but I’m not a slave to a copy editor’s deliberate fish-wrap sell either and nor should you.

HG[/quote]

Of course it’s sensational, but it was still rape. What ws the copy editor suppose to say, local yahoo rapes lush? She was 14 and if he had really been taking care of her, then there would have been an emergency call, followed by a ride in that 'bamulance, followed by medical care. But he didn’t do any of that.

Overall, no matter what the headline is, the story is sick.

Well first off, it didn’t really go wrong, I suppose. Second of all, it’s Paisley – so it was probably just a normal Friday night.
And knowing Paisley, HG’s scenario is all too likely. And if it was Ferguslie Park, its a virtual certainty.

I agree this is sick, and not humorous at all.

But I have to admit that when I first saw the title–“How could someone rape his dying stepdaughter?”–my first thought was “Dying?! I didn’t even know Soon-Yee Previn was ill!”

A far better sentence would be to have the guy gang-raped to death in public. Punishment fits the crime and all that. I’m sure someone would run a book on how long he’d last. Could be a reasonable night’s entertainment.

No matter what, this kind of story just makes this rainy Sunday afternoon feel even worse. Why do people have to do so much stupid shit? :frowning: