How did China get so rich?

… and they did not replace it with liberalism. They replaced it with blatant fascism.

Nepotism and fascism make excellent bulwarks against democracy and liberalism.[/quote]

I only said China turned towards liberalism. I didn’t say it was liberal.
But China’s rewards have come from less stringent policies, or more liberal, whichever way you wish to read it. Yes, in economic terms China is meeting the West in the middle. Both sides practice all the things which China is accused of economically. The only difference has been that China has cheaper labour.

Lots of rich, dodgy Chinese businessmen with the aesthetic tastes of a ghetto drugdealer: that spells “profits” for anyone prepared to cater to their needs:

A $1 million luxury vehicle designed for China’s year of the snake

[quote=“finley”]Lots of rich, dodgy Chinese businessmen with the aesthetic tastes of a ghetto drugdealer: that spells “profits” for anyone prepared to cater to their needs:

A $1 million luxury vehicle designed for China’s year of the snake[/quote]
Some in Taiwan also :slight_smile: I guess “beauty” is in the eye of the beholder :astonished:

Take a close look at N.W. China. These folks are not worried about the politics; They are worried about the next baby’s food. China will fall on it’s own accord. I hate history. Those whom say it repeats itself, have never experienced the truth,
Seek ye who wants to find and run from those who have found.

china’s riches = giant, massive fraud + cheap labor+ a gov’t that is business+ DFI (direct foreign investment). example is STX shipbuilding of korea. stx invewsted over one billion dollars in infrastructure in liaoning. a bad market cycle and the nex thting you know, STX walks away giving the keys to the chinese gov’t. who owns the world’s larges shipytard after it was built by foreign money? the chinese gov’t of course. the old chinese adage of “borrow arrows from you enemy” magnified many times over.