How did the ancients build these?

When the time is right. :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like

Scientists researching ancient inscriptions happened upon a ramp with stairways and a series of what they believe to be postholes, which suggest that the job of hauling into place the huge blocks of stone used to build the monuments may have been completed more quickly than previously thought.

While the theory that the ancient Egyptians used ramps to move the stones has already been put forward, the structure found by the Anglo-French team, which dated from about the period that the Great Pyramid of Giza was built, is significantly steeper than was previously supposed possible.

Interesting. I suppose the presence of steps could help explain how a large number of laborers might not get in each other’s ways. Presence of postholes (to be used by pulleys) might explain how fewer laborers were required than thought previously. A steeper incline could mean that it took less time to bring the large stones to their resting place in the structure.

Still, some of the stones are vast. I’m not sure that finding extra room for laborers to work in, postholes, and a steeper incline are the whole story. Still a very interesting find, though.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing the feedback once it gets peer-reviewed.

Reviewer 1: “If the author wishes to displace the aliens-and-antigravity hypothesis, he’ll have to do better than a mere ‘ramp’.”

Reviewer 2: “Yup, this is pretty much what I remember from my previous life as an Atlantean high priestess.”

2 Likes

1 Like