How did you find out about forumosa?

There used to be free bookmarks at SubZone for oriented.com

Forumosa found out about ME, and begged me to join. “Give the place more class” was what Maoman said, but I heard “Talk about your arse.” Life’s funny like that innit.

In actuality I was performing a search for jobs using MSN and forumosa came up. I asked a few questions, got some decent replies, (back when people used to take time formulating thoughtful responses) and was hooked. Now Im all knob gags. I’ve been Sandmanned, which is much worse than it sounds.

But why me? I haven’t gagged on a knob for, well, AGES and AGES. :fume:
(You feed me these lines on purpose TomHill. No use denying it.)

Me too! That was back in the Oriented.org days. It was some sort of digital camera/pen or something like that. I blame Christine Hsu. :stuck_out_tongue:

What? I never heard about this free gift thing? I demand to not have received my free gift too!

I found orienteguemosa.org.com.tw.com through Google. I googled “teaching English in Taiwan”. Sigh. Back in the days when only a handful of people with a computer thought about making a website about living in Taiwan. Damn the internet and blog culture for creating a plethora of mediocre sites about living in Taiwan, clogged with irrelevant or old information… personal blogs, websites that haven’t been updated in 4 years, and of course, tealit.com.

Me too! That was back in the Oriented.org days. It was some sort of digital camera/pen or something like that. I blame Christine Hsu. :p[/quote]

I blame Hsu…too.

A friend told me about this crazy flame-fest that was happening, so I came looking for it. From a number of years ago, before I actually joined.

Bloke A says “Free fridge to whomsoever wishes to come fetch it!”
Bloke B says “Hot-digity-dog! Will you deliver it for free?”
Bloke C says “Ungrateful motherfucker!!”
There was also a snide comment about getting him to paint his house, too.

At least, this is how I remember it. I could well be wrong, and will gracefully stand corrected if I’ve got it all wrong. I’ve since tried to find the post, but it was probably floundered, or flamed (ah, the good ol’ days).

And I’ve enjoyed watching unstoppable forces crash into immoveable objects ever since.

I was googling for “Taiwan” and “mandatory military service” and came across a website that had an excerpt from a book talking about some white dude becoming a ROC citizen and serving in the military. From there, it brought me to Poagao’s website which in turn, brought me to an array of other sites that talk about Taiwan which eventually ended with me coming to Forumosa.

I got talking to a mod on a bus, and she gave me a forumosa business card!