• Language exchange
  • On a bus, at a park, or similar public setting
  • She was/is a colleague
  • She was my teacher
  • She was my student
  • Other
  • On the Internet

0 voters

Meet-market? Surely you mean meat market!

I met mine at a good friend’s birthday party. She was a friend of a friend of a friend. She was looking very fine that night and attracted all kinds of attention, including mine. I was lucky enough to engage her in conversation for a portion of that evening, and was instantly smitten.

A woman I dated for a year whom I met in a bar. Sometimes, there are nice women there too. My current lass I met through friends.

I prefer my version, dictionary usage notwithstanding. Just trying to add a touch of elegance to the term.

I used to meet them in all kinds of ways, but especially through the rich opportunities of teaching those oh-so-enjoyable adult English classes – which is how I met the one I would have married (if her father hadn’t so strongly objected on the grounds that she would shame her ancestors by bringing a foreigner into the family), as well as the one I most regretted having let go. Alas, I’ve had no time to do any teaching these last few years (and miss it achingly). But the current beguiler, the soon-to-be Mrs. Omniloquacious, came to me via the blessed Internet. Which makes me wonder: has Forumosa been instrumental in bringing together any couples yet?

No idea, but I know for sure that it would split up this couple at least if I was ever bored enough to use it at home! :wink:

Yes, Dragonbabe and I met on Forumosa in early April 2005! And as a result we met in person as language exchange partners exactly one year ago today! :yay: Thank you Forumosa!!!

Is there any specific reason why you’re only interested in how men have met their girlfriends and not the other way around too? Just wondering.

Yes, Dragonbabe and I met on Forumosa in early April 2005! And as a result we met in person as language exchange partners exactly one year ago today! :yay: Thank you Forumosa!!![/quote]
Congratulations! :bravo: You did well! :thumbsup:

Note to Dragonbabe: You could have done better…

Yes, Dragonbabe and I met on Forumosa in early April 2005! And as a result we met in person as language exchange partners exactly one year ago today! :yay: Thank you Forumosa!!![/quote]
Congratulations! :bravo: You did well! :thumbsup:

Note to Dragonbabe: You could have done better…
[/quote]
Babe+Bones = the ultimate F.com couple :bravo:

Note to V: You could have done worse. Just watch that beer belly!

I like her beer belly. It’s dead sexy. :wink:

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“tash”]
[/quote]
I like her beer belly. It’s dead sexy. [/quote]
:unamused: Yeah, yeah.

How much is Maoman paying you for this pathetic attempt to spin this around?

[quote=“tash”][quote=“sandman”][quote=“tash”]
[/quote]
I like her beer belly. It’s dead sexy. [/quote]
:unamused: Yeah, yeah.

How much is Maoman paying you for this pathetic attempt to spin this around?[/quote]
PAYING me? You have to be kidding. He’s a tight bastard as well as being a fat bastard.

wow, you all have very good eyes! Clearly you aren’t single…if u catch my drift…

Student. The earthquake scared her into taking a chance on me. :sunglasses:

I met Ms 914 at an MBR show. She couldn’t take her eyes off me the whole night. Asked me out repeatedly and then some over the next few months (ok, only once). It was like whoa, woman! You’ll get your turn eventually! Sheesh…man, it’s tough being so sought after.

So I gave in a couple of months ago and it’s been bliss ever since.

Ms. 914? Who could it be? Whoever it is, I’m betting she’s pretty possessive.

hmmm…

SuchAMystery. :idunno:

[quote=“914”]I met Ms 914 at an MBR show. She couldn’t take her eyes off me the whole night. Asked me out repeatedly and then some over the next few months (ok, only once). It was like whoa, woman! You’ll get your turn eventually! Sheesh…man, it’s tough being so sought after.
So I gave in a couple of months ago and it’s been bliss ever since.[/quote]
But, but… I saw her FIRST!!! Here on f.com. And I even brought her to the MBR show. And then you STOLE her from me!!!

You could have had ANYone you wanted, man. WHY HER!?!?!!! :frowning:

But even then, I knew I’d find a much better place

Get in line and take a number!

Either with or without you.