• She was/is a colleague
  • She was my teacher
  • She was my student
  • Other
  • Friend of a friend
  • at a party
  • on the internet

0 voters

Don’t worry, the next poll will be “How did you meet your girlfriend.” This series of highly scientific polls will test the hypothesis that the method of acquiantance does not affect the likelihood of nuptial committment. Girls, you’re on your own.

I met mine at work. We were set up…yes I’m sure that’s the right term…by another co-worker. We kept it a well-know secret until I got another job.

Language exchange.

Seems to be a normal way of meeting young females here.

She was my teacher. Fortunately, the classes were one-on-one, so I had plenty of time to woo her.

I met my wife in Australia. And that’s what brought me here. Her first question was “what do you know about Taiwan?”, my answer, “they make all those crappy toys you win at the Melbourne show and their swimmers are always 2 laps behind the Aussies in the pool, hi I’m Amos” :sunglasses:

met her at a bar, she was working there. went to see one girl, changed my plan very quickly and never looked back :slight_smile:

She was my co-teacher in the first kids class I ever taught.

She was my student, well a student in the school where I work.
I had a rule never to ask a student out, she asked me out - so I never broke my own rule. :wink:

Met her on the street. Think what you like.

She was my schoolmate from elementary school to junior high, and she was also my neighbor. :sunglasses:

You should add an option ‘Friend of a friend’. That must be pretty common. That’s how I met my wife anyway. Old school friend of a Tawianese girl I used to go clubbing with (and still do occasionally).

brian

Same here.

In grad school in the United States.

hahaa so funny. Great how you remember exactly how you first met your SO. :slight_smile: Hey are those your kids?? they are cute.

even tho i am divorced, i can still remember how i met my wife too and what i said and did to get her attention. Never knew i shoulda stayed home that night. haaha

Same here.[/quote]
I hope you call that friend and thank her daily. Cuz your wife is kinda hot.

Hmm what are the others? Any Internet dates out there in married land?

Same here.[/quote]

And for the next poll, internet chat room (including Forumosa) should be added. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine was/is an employee of a Taiwan company I did a lot of business with for several years.
Spoke with her on the telephone quite often and would meet her when business brought me over to the island.
After 3 years or so it had blossomed and we decided to get married.
Strange…now I very rarely do business with her company…Hmmmmmmmmmmmm…

Same here.[/quote]
I hope you call that friend and thank her daily. Cuz your wife is kinda hot.[/quote]
Well thank you kindly. I think so too. She says much the same thing about you. Piss-poor taste in men, though! (Her, not you). :laughing:

I taught her little brother at the cram school I was working at, and she was the one who came to pick him up after class. I had to get my boss to help get me introduced, as she was always gone before I had a chance to say hello.

Same here.[/quote]
I hope you call that friend and thank her daily. Cuz your wife is kinda hot.[/quote]
Well thank you kindly. I think so too. She says much the same thing about you. Piss-poor taste in men, though! (Her, not you). :laughing:[/quote]
Have you met my man???