How did you meet your wife?

We were both studying the same masters course in England. Someone in that room was bound to get it!

“it” meaning her? i assume? Did you actively pursue “it” or did the aforesaid “it” pursue you? Were you her first “target” or? Come on, give us the details !

“it” meaning her? i assume? Did you actively pursue “it” or did the aforesaid “it” pursue you? Were you her first “target” or? Come on, give us the details ![/quote]

‘It’ in this case means my throbbing manhood. She was the primary target.

Well, mine…kinda.

Actually I was looking for an LE partner on tealit. I was dating another girl at the time and really didn’t want a relationship. Just LE. She is an accountant and was working for a company that does a bit of international business and wanted to improve her English (actually improve it alot, 'cos she could hardly say hello).
We made a date to meet one day during the week at 9pm. 8:30pm she texts me and asks to postpone to 10pm. At 10pm I’m waiting for her as arranged. She stops her car at the side of the road, jumps out with a basket of KFC chicken and apologises but she can’t meet me that day. Something about her friend having had an accident. (Should have known she was keeper…)

Tried to arrange a LE with her for about another two months but she was exceedingly busy as it was tax time etc etc. Eventually I found another LE with a local guy. He was pretty helpful so I didn’t pursue the matter further. About five months after the KFC incident she called me and asked to meet for LE. By this time I was single again and having an LE wasn’t really interested. So I suggested a movie instead. We’ve been together ever since and should be getting married sometime next year.

As far as LE is concerned?? My Chinese has improved alot. Her English hasn’t changed much as we seem to speak Chinese all the time. She changed companies and sorta lost interest. Guess I would’ve been a rotten LE partner anyway. Much prefer the current arrangement. :laughing:

Well, mine…kinda.

Actually I was looking for an LE partner on tealit. I was dating another girl at the time and really didn’t want a relationship. Just LE. She is an accountant and was working for a company that does a bit of international business and wanted to improve her English (actually improve it alot, 'cos she could hardly say hello).
We made a date to meet one day during the week at 9pm. 8:30pm she texts me and asks to postpone to 10pm. At 10pm I’m waiting for her as arranged. She stops her car at the side of the road, jumps out with a basket of KFC chicken and apologises but she can’t meet me that day. Something about her friend having had an accident. (Should have known she was keeper…)

Tried to arrange a LE with her for about another two months but she was exceedingly busy as it was tax time etc etc. Eventually I found another LE with a local guy. He was pretty helpful so I didn’t pursue the matter further. About five months after the KFC incident she called me and asked to meet for LE. By this time I was single again and having an LE wasn’t really interested. So I suggested a movie instead. We’ve been together ever since and should be getting married sometime next year.

As far as LE is concerned?? My Chinese has improved alot. Her English hasn’t changed much as we seem to speak Chinese all the time. She changed companies and sorta lost interest. Guess I would’ve been a rotten LE partner anyway. Much prefer the current arrangement. :laughing:[/quote]

HAHA BRAVO. making a movie yet out of this story?? jUst goes to show, ya never know where your mate is lurking and when she/he is going to show up. And how come you didnt ask for a piece of that KFC chicken?? :astonished: I wouldve. :astonished:

and as far as language goes. I made my girlfriend speak to me in english as much as possible and i spoke to her in mandarin. This way both our abilities improved. So much so that she became a stewardess and married someone in first class. But thats another story.

Well, mine…kinda.

As far as LE is concerned?? My Chinese has improved alot. Her English hasn’t changed much as we seem to speak Chinese all the time. She changed companies and sorta lost interest. Guess I would’ve been a rotten LE partner anyway. Much prefer the current arrangement. :laughing:[/quote]

HAHA BRAVO. making a movie yet out of this story?? jUst goes to show, ya never know where your mate is lurking and when she/he is going to show up. And how come you didnt ask for a piece of that KFC chicken?? :astonished: I wouldve. :astonished:

and as far as language goes. I made my girlfriend speak to me in English as much as possible and i spoke to her in Mandarin. This way both our abilities improved. So much so that she became a stewardess and married someone in first class. But thats another story.[/quote]

Well, the bucket of KFC chicken was for me. It seems she felt bad about having to cancel our LE meeting and thought that buying me a bucket of fried chicken would cheer me up. It did.

Dare I say it? …

2 years ago on the internet :smiley:

And yes, it was a dating site. I was just fooling around at the time just seeing who I could meet around the world. She actually found me. Said she was really impressed with what I had written for my profile. 2 years zip by, a few visits to this lovely island and to the US occur, and now we are getting married this Sunday.

At first, people (friends, co-workers, family) turned their noses up and glared down at us for meeting online…afterall only wackos, lunatics, child molestors, and women desperate for a visa are online, right? :noway: :loco:

After her people met me and my people met her, things changed, they saw a better light to things, and accepted our relationship. :smiley:

[quote=“Quarters”]Dare I say it? …

2 years ago on the internet :smiley:

And yes, it was a dating site. I was just fooling around at the time just seeing who I could meet around the world. She actually found me. Said she was really impressed with what I had written for my profile. 2 years zip by, a few visits to this lovely island and to the US occur, and now we are getting married this Sunday.

At first, people (friends, co-workers, family) turned their noses up and glared down at us for meeting online…afterall only wackos, lunatics, child molestors, and women desperate for a visa are online, right? :noway: :loco:

After her people met me and my people met her, things changed, they saw a better light to things, and accepted our relationship. :smiley:[/quote]

not true at all. a lot of great people are online. online people are the same people out in the real world. my present gf i met online and we are still together after 5 years. although we live in separate parts of the world and only meet up for a few months in the summertime and maybe a visit in the winter .

AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UPCOMING MARRIAGE :slight_smile: AND GOOD LUCK, cuz marriages are not easy these days to keep together.

Hey, why should it matter how two people meet? If they find that they’re right for each other, what does it matter if they met through classified personals, online chatrooms, a wanted poster for language exchange, or whatever? :loco: :slight_smile:

This thread needs pics :smiley:

I noticed her large perky breasts while she was training at a gym and invited them on a date. She came along with them.

You romantic old sod.

Heres the thread that I just remade, and I even posted in the original…

Doh :homer:

I can’t agree more.
I would have posted, but i’m not yet married :smiley:
Will wait for the GF thread to come up.

I can’t agree more.
I would have posted, but i’m not yet married :smiley:
Will wait for the GF thread to come up.[/quote]

from your other posts it seems that shes practically your wife already so ? Its ok :slight_smile:

For me i could always post on the basis of how i met someone else’s wife? (all my GFs end up marrying someone else it seems)

[quote=“tommy525”]
from your other posts it seems that shes practically your wife already so ? Its ok :slight_smile:

For me i could always post on the basis of how i met someone else’s wife? (all my GFs end up marrying someone else it seems)[/quote]

In Taiwan, she is practically my wife :smiley:.

Help yourself with the pictures, this place is just full of her: ed.roquette.free.fr/photo
Note: It sounds stupid to say, but she looks better in real than on pictures. And i just can never catch the realm of her expressions.

Ok, for the lazy guys, here is one

Do you? :laughing:

[quote=“Ed en Vadrouille”][quote=“tommy525”]

For me i could always post on the basis of how i met someone else’s wife? (all my GFs end up marrying someone else it seems)[/quote]

In Taiwan, she is practically my wife :smiley:.

Help yourself with the pictures, this place is just full of her: ed.roquette.free.fr/photo
Note: It sounds stupid to say, but she looks better in real than on pictures. And i just can never catch the realm of her expressions.

Ok, for the lazy guys, here is one
[/quote]

shes a cutie and she knows how to manage you . :slight_smile::slight_smile:

congrats

didnt have time to see all of your zillions of pics there but the ones i saw of you guys in england. looks like a great time had by all :slight_smile:

[quote=“jdsmith”]
Do you? :laughing:[/quote]
Me?
Depends of the moment of the day. That was a bad hair day (i was just out of a scooter crash which had been… hard).

Ed - you look amazingly similar to a friend of mine back home in Austraila - its doing my head in here :laughing:

And your girlfriend is very cute :slight_smile: You are a lucky guy !