How do I prove my marriage is genuine? Help

I’m a Canadian woman, married to a foreigner. He’s applied to immigrate to Canada, as a sponsored spouse. We just got his rejection letter. The visa officer does not believe that we have a genuine relationship - she believes that we legally got married, but thinks his intentions were solely to immigrate to Canada. At the appeal, I have to prove that our marriage is genuine, and that at the time of the marriage my husband really loved me and was not just using me. How in the name of god do I prove this? I thought we had enough evidence, but apparently not.
No one really knows what someone elsa’s intentions are, so how can I prove anything? Does anyone have any ideas about what will be necessary, about what kind of evidence would be considered useful?
Help!
Thanks in advance.

[quote=“bababa”]I’m a Canadian woman, married to a foreigner. He’s applied to immigrate to Canada, as a sponsored spouse. We just got his rejection letter. The visa officer does not believe that we have a genuine relationship - she believes that we legally got married, but thinks his intentions were solely to immigrate to Canada. At the appeal, I have to prove that our marriage is genuine, and that at the time of the marriage my husband really loved me and was not just using me. How in the name of god do I prove this? I thought we had enough evidence, but apparently not.
No one really knows what someone elsa’s intentions are, so how can I prove anything? Does anyone have any ideas about what will be necessary, about what kind of evidence would be considered useful?
Help!
Thanks in advance.[/quote]

My American friend in a similar situation had to provide photos of herself and husband doing things together, being together at both family functions, that kind of thing, plus provide notarized statements of friends and relatives that they were a real couple.

Question #1 is: “How long have you been married?”
Question #2 is: “Is your husband of a nationality that has a poor immigration record in Canada?”

I would imagine the questions are going to get too personal for a public forum…

I think at this point you need professional advice.

Could you show them lots of photos of how happy the two of you were premarriage, as contrasted with your post-marriage depression?

Have you saved any old love letters or poems with postmarks?

I thought Canada let any spouse in.

(This is not professional advice)

You need to work out the reasons for the rejection. Most common are marriage too short and applicant from a country with a poor record. But these can be overcome.

When bringing a PRC fiancee (“bad” immigration country; not even married) into the UK I supplied phone records, postmarked letters, some photos, flight tickets and hotel bills. You need to prodcuce more or less a professional document that addresses Canadian immigration requirements point-by-point.

There is likely to be a website somewhere dedicated to Canadian immigration, but I’d suggest contacting a lawyer as you’ve been rejected once.

You immigrate to his country instead. Stay married to him for at least five years whilst living in his country. After this period of time most immigration agencies will validate your marriage as “genuine”. Also, having a couple kids with him during the five years you are married and living in his country will also prove that your marriage isn’t a sham.

I’ve had a couple friends who married Thai or Filippino women and that’s how they had to do it due to immigration concerns regarding their marriages.

[quote=“bababa”]I’m a Canadian woman, married to a foreigner. He’s applied to immigrate to Canada, as a sponsored spouse. We just got his rejection letter. The visa officer does not believe that we have a genuine relationship - she believes that we legally got married, but thinks his intentions were solely to immigrate to Canada. At the appeal, I have to prove that our marriage is genuine, and that at the time of the marriage my husband really loved me and was not just using me. How in the name of god do I prove this? I thought we had enough evidence, but apparently not.
Help!
Thanks in advance.[/quote]

You can call me, as a former visa officer I processed many spousal applications. As a spouse your husband has rights of appeal for a rejected application.

Jim 0930 750 441 02 8771 7947

You immigrate to his country instead. Stay married to him for at least five years whilst living in his country. After this period of time most immigration agencies will validate your marriage as “genuine”. Also, having a couple kids with him during the five years you are married and living in his country will also prove that your marriage isn’t a sham.

[/quote]
I’ve been to his country - the state he lives in is currently listed on the government of Canada’s travel advisory website with the notation “avoid all travel to”.
We don’t have any premarriage photos.
We’ve been married almost 2 years, but his country has a terrible immigration reputation in Canada.
We have lots of postmarriage photos, telephone bills, and travel evidence.
I met him in Taiwan back in 2001 - no photos of this momentous occasion exist.

[quote=“bababa”][quote=“Northcoast Surfer”][quote=“bababa”]Does anyone have any ideas about what will be necessary, about what kind of evidence would be considered useful?[/quote]You immigrate to his country instead. Stay married to him for at least five years whilst living in his country. After this period of time most immigration agencies will validate your marriage as “genuine”. Also, having a couple kids with him during the five years you are married and living in his country will also prove that your marriage isn’t a sham. [/quote]I’ve been to his country - the state he lives in is currently listed on the government of Canada’s travel advisory website with the notation “avoid all travel to”.[/quote]So, don’t just travel there. Go there and actually live! Prove to the Canadian immigration authorities that this marriage is real! If the marriage is real, you can live anywhere. That’s how I got roped into living in Taiwan! :roflmao:

Seeing the OP’s husband was just rejected for a spouse visa to live in Canada how do you expect them to just move to Canada and live there? :loco:

Isn’t there some kind of blood test they can do to show how long it’s been since you had sex?

If I were you, I would just flaunt the whole thing by illegally living together. When they catch him for not having a valid visa based on the fact that they wouldn’t give it to him, based on their distrust of you having a valid relationship, then they are going to look pretty stupid. Stuff them! If you want to live together, then nobody can easily stop you.

This just goes to show how ridiculous marriage visas are in the first place. Drop visa regulations altogether I say.

O-negative.

Seeing the OP’s husband was just rejected for a spouse visa to live in Canada how do you expect them to just move to Canada and live there? :loco:[/quote]

errr since he recommended going to the male’s home country to live for 5 years, the same reason that NCsurfer ended up in taiwan… I thought that was clear enough

O-negative.[/quote]

Ok, pretty funny, but wouldn’t that be how long since you had good sex?

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]Go there and actually live! Prove to the Canadian immigration authorities that this marriage is real! If the marriage is real, you can live anywhere. That’s how I got roped into living in Taiwan! :roflmao:[/quote]Seeing the OP’s husband was just rejected for a spouse visa to live in Canada how do you expect them to just move to Canada and live there? :loco:[/quote]Satellite TV,

I’m not recommending that they go to the OP’s home country (Canada). I’m suggesting that she moves to her husband’s country to live instead. Why must they live in Canada?

Like me. My wife and I agreed that I would move to Taiwan to live with her here in Taiwan for one year and then after one year we would return to Hawaii. Ten years later and I’m still stuck here! Boy, did I get snookered! :raspberry:

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”][quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]Go there and actually live! Prove to the Canadian immigration authorities that this marriage is real! If the marriage is real, you can live anywhere. That’s how I got roped into living in Taiwan! :roflmao:[/quote]Seeing the OP’s husband was just rejected for a spouse visa to live in Canada how do you expect them to just move to Canada and live there? :loco:[/quote]Satellite TV,

I’m not recommending that they go to the OP’s home country (Canada). I’m suggesting that she moves to her husband’s country to live instead. Why must they live in Canada?

Like me. My wife and I agreed that I would move to Taiwan to live with her here in Taiwan for one year and then after one year we would return to Hawaii. Ten years later and I’m still stuck here! Boy, did I get snookered! :raspberry:[/quote]

haha the ol “one year” thing
:roflmao:

edit: by the way, didnt you read that the present day Hawaiian natives actually originated from TAiwan?? That Taiwan is the mother of all pacific indigenous
peoples?

So you have just come full circle then.

O-negative.[/quote]

Ok, pretty funny, but wouldn’t that be how long since you had good sex?

[/quote]

I have no idea who that is, thechief.

Why thank you. Michael Jackson jokes are just a bit obvious…

Sorry for off-topicing, OP.

[color=#FF0000]Avoid All Travel To[/color] There is an extreme risk to personal safety, and Canadians should not travel at this time

There are some other countries that have the “Avoid All Travel To” designation for certain regions, but these are the countries that have this designation for the entire country and not just certain regions.

Afganistan, Chad, Gaza Strip, Iraq, Nigeria, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen

So, which country is it? Place your bets, place your bets. :popcorn:

I’m going with Nigeria. :sunglasses:

There is no legal reason they should have to move to the husbands country for any length of time. They met here and are marrried here where both have stable jobs.

You suggestion that they should move to the husbands own country to prove a marriage is genuine is ludicrous and untenable. It also make no bearing on the fact that they have known each for a very long time and have already been married for 2 years.