How do non-Asian women feel about Asian Guys?

You know, by being Asian it does seem like I have a choice between celibacy or dealing with traditional Chinese families.

Honestly I find non Asian girls in Taiwan to be racist. By that I mean they’ll come here, be outwardly friendly but when it comes down to it, they would never get into a relationship with an Asian unless that Asian was a God or something. Maybe it’s because I hang out with the Christian types, but I just have not found any other venue where people aren’t trying to get something out of someone else (I really hate bars because of that).

You know the hard thing about being third cultured is that it’s hard to find acceptance ANYWHERE. You can’t deal with your own culture but the culture you grew up in won’t accept you 100% either.

You sure are spoiling for a fight… but what for? I’m not looking for praise; I was merely objecting to some generalizations I found mildly disagreeable. Why do you see a need to push these discussions to such polarizing extremes?

Strangely enough, the only real experience I have with families in Taiwan has been quite chill. Not much drama or gossip, nor filial piety. The parents respect the decisions of their adult children and the boundaries they set. I don’t know if I just lucked out or if it’s all part of meeting unusual people. Either way, there’s hope.

The thread was addressed to non-Asian women, so why not let them speak???

I’ve read very little of D&R, but I don’t recall any thread here with mostly women talking.
Probably not even 1 thread page.

Is it really that important for men to interrupt with their secondary source opinions???
Men should just STFU.

Could you please think before you make inflammatory accusations of racism?
You mean, non-Asian women move halfway across the world to live in an Asian country…
…because they’re racist towards Asians???
You’re a single man on an island full of Taiwanese women…
…because non-Asian women or Taiwanese women are racist towards you???
Sorry, but your faith may be inhibiting your logic skills.

If women (including Christians) aren’t attracted to you, why do you automatically assume it’s their fault…
… and it’s got nothing to do with you??? Take some damn personal responsibility. No wonder you’re single.
Do you feel it’s your divine right to be in a relationship, and that a woman must fulfill that right???
No one is obligated to love you or anyone else.

Most women aren’t looking for Gods or Heynow. Some are, I’m sure, at some stage in life.
But even the Man-God Heynow, can’t understand why women don’t want Gods.

Many people are trying to get something out of someone else - even Christians.
Christians want other people to be Christians. You just don’t sense that because you’re already Christian.
And Christians want Christians to stay Christian & keep believing in God.

And you, you want nothing out of someone else??? You clearly want a relationship.

Looking for women & wanting a relationship hasn’t worked, & only increases desperation & neediness.
One way is to assume that no one will ever, ever want to be in a relationship with you.
Decide what you’ll do with your life, no matter how crazy… & pursue with singleminded passion.
And eventually, some women will be attracted to that.

In the meantime, please also STFU, as should other men in this thread, for the time being.
Some women are attracted to good listeners.

1 Like

Thanks cloud13. I kind of stopped reading this thread because it was just a bunch of guys talking for us.

taiwanluthier, sorry you feel that it’s racist, but no, not interested in a guy who isn’t a ‘God’: that’s how sexual attraction works. Got to be bowled over to want to make the effort with any guy.

Xeno, polarity engages.

As Grandad used to say:
“You meet an asshole in the morning, he’s an asshole.
You keep meeting assholes all day, you’re probably the asshole.” :wink:

SingTFU now.

So … were you the asshole or grandpa (bless his furry stripes)? Or a third party? I don’t understand the maxim.

What am I, frigging Michael Stipe?
No, I’m a frigging raccoon.

You figure it out.

Yeah, thanks for that image in the a.m., champ. What’s next? superking fellating the Red Hot Chilli Peppers?

That would be “frigging” as adjectival modifier, rather than action item :doh:

I wouldn’t complain about the unbidden “supes in action” imagery, it could be worse.

At least he’s got the glutes for it.

You get your membership to the site sorted yet? I mean … that’s YOU in the corner, no?

We evil white men let them speak, but as the OP said, it is good to hear opinions also from men, not just woman. Hey, you know what? men also talk to woman and might have something to say here about what they have seen and heard.

So no, this thread was NOT only for females, as the OP clarified a few posts ago. May be some forumosans here confused you.

:roflmao:

Look, having been an expat in Asia since I was a kid, I can filter out the white noise of boypat reframing of my opinions. Not everyone has my almost supernatural ability to ignore white men in east Asian conurbations, so we could do 'em a solid and zip it, hey?

Can’t we nominate men to speak for us, at least? I want Rocket and superking. Rocket will be in charge of disseminating my views on why Christine McVie was shit in Rumors-era Fleetwood Mac, and superking would deal with the rest.

Dunno what you are talking about ignoring white men in Asia, but… could you ignore me? I mean, your post is quite contradictory and absurd, you could be more coherent and just not write it :wink:

The thing is that your posts confuse people like cloud13, and make her believe that the OP didn’t want men to write here.

Poor cloud13! superking! Can you help the poor thing out of her/his confusion? Rocket, I need 300 words on why ‘Oh Daddy’ shouldn’t be on Rumours.

“The thing is that your posts confuse people like cloud13, and make her believe that the OP didn’t want men to write here.”

Shame, because she can’t think for herself…? :unamused:

I’m done - going back to RL and another hiatus from here.

Well, in that case cloud should have pay more attention to what the OP himself said.

BTW, why "Emirtrude"´s posts are always about her phobias (70%) or how much she misses Superking (30%)? Forums are nice places where to write whatever idiocy makes you feels bored, OK, I understand that, but come on… I´ve never seen a so predictable forum user.

OK, well look, I don’t know much, but this how I see the whole deal, As always, YMMV, so don’t be putting out any leg hold traps just because you don’t happen to agree.

The thing is, C. Mcvie’s very presence was predicated on a whole list of principles that, by the time the album had finally reached completion, had completely transmogrified or even vapourised, such that any possible rationale for most of her contribution had been rendered effectively moot.

When I was a young raccoon, plying my trade in an endless series of low rent dive bars and roadhouses, one of the many (outdated, yet ubiquitous) House Rules governing the conduct of the weekly booked C Grade bands that appeared was, that EACH member of the band was required to perform vocal duties on at least one song in the evening’s set list.
While the origins of this mandate were, presumably, to provide the most varied experience possible, in reality, what ended up, in every single instance, quite conversely, was that the bass player (the member most commonly resistant to vocal contribution), somewhere in the wilds of the second set, would mumble out a lifeless, dispirited, rote rendition of CCR’s already mundane “Lodi”.

Without fail.

I’m sure you can see where I’m going with this.
Irrespective of the sincerity and intended benefit of original motivation, the complete opposite of the desired result is often generated.

If one examines, pragmatically, the original reasons for C McVie’s presence on the roster, compared to the eventual outcome, it’s plain to see that there was no reasonable justification of any sort for her to be there.

ORIGINALLY:
She was the wife of the bass player.
She was the keyboard player
She was a hot (ish) blonde bird
She had a moderately compelling contralto
She filled out the background vox

BY RUMORS:
She was the wife of the bass player
She and J McVie were divorced and communications between them were at best strained
She was the keyboard player
L Buckingham was accomplished (and S Nicks was functional) on keyboards, and they ended up having numerous sidemen during touring to match the album sound anyway
She was a hot (ish) blonde bird

Nicks handily filled the blonde chick slot, and pretty much wiped the floor with her, in terms of attractiveness*
She had a moderately compelling contralto

Most of her meaningful vocals are doubled by Buckingham
She filled out the background vox
Between Nicks and, the aforementioned sidemen, a sufficiently rich BG vocal mix was easily achieved

Finally, any and all songwriting credits are dubious at best, first because of the exhaustive extent to which new songs evolved through the production process, and second and most significant, they were so totally and utterly blow-crazed throughout, The friggin Beatles could have showed up to sit in and nobody would have really noted it.

I hope this puts to rest a lot of the ongoing disagreement and contentiousness that have characterized discourse in this and other threads.

R

*It should be noted that, in subsequent years, McVie has actually matured into quite a fine looking woman, whilst Nicks’ pulchritude has dwindled considerably…last laugh and all that

Enjoy the purple prose below, written before my beloved [color=#FF40BF]
ROCKET
[/color]said it ALL, with his nuanced and intelligent analysis of the McVie issue. Seriously, I had an argument about this in the pub last night. Why would a man consider himself my equal if he thinks ‘Songbird’ stands beside ‘Second Hand News’ in the canon? :thanks: :banana: :dance: :kiss: :star: :heart: :heart: :serenade: :yay:

[color=#800080]
No, you seem to be using ‘complex’ as a noun. I think like ‘phobia’, you don’t really get the precise meaning of the word. It doesn’t fit with the other stuff you are writing.

I’m having a good day. Do you know that in China, Starbucks deliver? I’m writing stuff for my skool/procrastinating like hell and chatting with my sister on Facetime, in the garden. And my dog, in England. He loves Facetime. I’m getting a bit unnerved by the amount of frogs in the stream at the end of the garden, though. Looks like rain.

You aren’t being ‘friendly’, you’re being aggressive and trying to demean me by suggesting that I’m emotionally unstable. It’s a common tactic that men use against women, in the same stable of tactics as the ‘psycho xiaojie’ trope. I’m not vulnerable to it because I never disclose anything online to strangers that I would be upset at if they threw it back at me in a hostile way. Everything on forumosa is ‘public domain’. Additionally, I don’t value your opinion of me, so why would I take on board your ‘concern troll’ suggestions?

Just trying to unpack a few of the assumptions in your discourse.
[/color]

I really dug Fleetwood Mac ~! They had it down, man.