How do Taiwanese people feel about Taiwanese Americans?

i do it back at them!

When I think of ABT/ABC, I think of a rich, spoiled brat wearing a baseball cap backwards who speaks Mandarin with an unpleasant accent.

2 Likes

1 Like

Yeah pretty much

I have a 100% track record of being wrong with assumptions I make about you.

1 Like

It’s probably the less fortunate that resent them as they see them as people with more money?

1 Like

What assumptions?

1. You are female.
  2. You were born overseas.
1 Like

Well then you were wrong.

1 Like

I used to think about these things, but now I could care less. I just try to enjoy my life with people I like and like me back.

I was born in Taiwan and moved abroad later. If someone is going to resent me for something I had no choice in as a kid, they can kiss my ass.

5 Likes

100% wrong.

I think everyone thought gain was a girl until he revealed that he is indeed male.

I’ll try for third time lucky.

I bet he went to Taipei American School.

I’ve been there once in middle school on a field trip to their fair and the food was really bad.

No, I went to public Taiwanese schools all my life. The only private school I’ve attended was my kindergarten.

1 Like

How’s your English so bloody good?

語言交換朋友?

By watching marathons of Friends

2 Likes

Californiasians…

Alright for you privileged few :wink:

We do body fluids exchange instead.

No I’ve never had one. I was too lazy to do it.

More like America’s Next Top Model. That’s the first American tv show I got into.

Thanks. I guess it’s the accumulation of many things. Watching stuff and joining internet forums (not this one) etc. Reading my old posts back in like 2012/2013 in the first internet forum I joined made me cringe real hard.

Besides it’s not that uncommon. Many non-English speakers speak amazing English. I know plenty.

:roll:

Exactly :rofl:

1 Like