How do you ask a girl out?

If you ask a yes/no question, the likelihood of rejection increases. If it becomes a choice between different options, it’s harder to say no.

Back in the ‘80s McDonalds was THE spot to hang out and do homework together, though! Or at least, from what I understand. I was not yet born…

1. Tell him he’s an idiot for thinking about dating a co-teacher. Even if she says yes, chances are that the relationship will end before his contract, and then he’ll be in a really shitty, awkward situation.
  2. Tell him to get Tinder or Skout or some kind of dating app. A girl’s not going to message him if she’s not at least somewhat interested, and the initial conversation won’t be in person so that should calm his nerves.

Not in Taiwan. We didn’t have McDonalds until later. (OK maybe one or two). It was Hardees, Lotteria, Wendy’s (if you was feeling rich), and one other one whose name escapes me.

1 Like

Man, I was just thinking it would be nice if they had Hardees or Wendy’s here. Or Sonic Drive-In.

1 Like

Come on! Just come up to her and say directly! It’s time to be more confident

most girls here would be creeped / freaked out if you were to actually ask them out in person. chatting on apps is more normal for them.

The BK lounge.

1 Like

Bad idea.
Don’t put anything in writing.
Maintain plausible deniability at all costs.
This “asking a person out” is extremely dangerous.
Best to go home alone and dream about what it would be like to be with another human being.
Don’t tell anyone about your dreams.
They die when you do . . . alone . . . but safe.

1 Like

it is what it is man. taiwanese are like this. they would also be freaked / creeped out by being asked out by a foreigner and co worker too. after they got over it they would be fine though.

First, they would be freaked out.
Then they would be creeped out.
Next, they would tell everyone at work.
After that, all of your colleagues would be freaked out.
Then they would be creeped out.
Maybe some would get over it.
Perhaps some would be fine.
Danger! I tell you, it’s dangerous asking people out.
Best let it be a dream that you never reveal.

Or a Five Guys. Or a Shake Shack. Or best of all, an In-N-Out.

1 Like

Question: if you take a girl to In-N-Out burger for a first date, would she think you’re trying to tell her something?

2 Likes

There’s actually a place better than in n out. Whataburger. I lived where there was an in and out and whataburger next to each other. After the hype of an in n out opening in Texas wore off, whataburger was still better. I went there and skipped the in n out last trip back multiple times.

I’ve been to both. While Whataburger is good, I disagree that it’s better than In-N-Out. To me In-N-Out is the gold standard for burger chains.

1 Like

That’s what she said.

Anyone remember the printed-gun guy from a few months back? The news story was basically that.

Wisest piece of advice: Don’t dip your pen in the company ink.

That said, if you decide to risk it, ask her out for a coffee or a meal at the local noodle shop. Maybe a visit to the local night market. You’ll know if you enjoy each other’s company. If she seems bored, unresponsive, preoccupied, moody or rushed, maybe it’s not meant to me. Just let her go. She’ll let you know if she’s interested.

Things women like include kindness, confidence, and a sense of humor.
Things women don’t like include desperation, clinginess, cockiness, jealousy, creepiness.

My wife begs to differ.

3 Likes

nice poem bud.