How do you calculate the 183 days for APRC?

They count the same way for APRC and naturalisation.

The point I’m making is that they have told us different methods of counting.

No it’s same way. They count from when you apply for ARC in order to get eligible for APRC as long as you do 183 days within the 365 days after your ARC is issued.

If that’s what they told you then they are giving us conflicting advice.

Did you speak to anyone important? The woman I spoke to seemed like she was in charge.

The method of counting they told me is: you have to stay 183 days withing the 365 days following the ARC issuance. Which method did they tell you for this?

They told me you have to stay 183 days within the 365 days prior to the day you apply for the APRC or naturalisation. So if you apply in May 2018, they count from May to May of the previous years.

Correct

That’s not what you just said!!!

Yes. Now I understand why in a previous post your landlord threatened to kill you

Your the one who keeps changing his mind. Did they tell you it’s counted from date of ARC issuance, or counted backwards from the day you apply for the APRC or naturalisation?

Ok look very easy.

In order to get APRC one condition is the following: you need to stay in Taiwan for 183 days within the 365 days following the issuance of your ARC. For 5 years, continously.

Your ARC was issued in July 2018 for example?

Good! Than you have to stay in the country for 183 days from July 2018 to July 2019.

If you keep this for the following 5 years, in July 2023 you can apply for APRC.

I understand that’s what you think, because that’s what they told you and I’m not saying your wrong.

BUT, it’s not what they told me. I’m not trying to argue with you, so there’s no need to get angry.

Was the person you spoke to important? The women I spoke to appeared to be in charge.

What is different in what they told you about getting APRC? Really…what they told you is the same in my opinion.

They said to you that you have to stay 183 days in the country in the year before apply to APRC.

This is of course the condition required as well. It’s the other side of what I’m saying.

Of course this is the condition, but the difference is how they count the year. If you can’t understand what I’m talking about, then please read the topic I created explaining the situation a few days ago:

Ok i read it. It’s what I said in the post of this morning. They count from the issuance of your ARC. So NOT from January to December. This is correct

No, that’s not what I said. They do not count from date of issue (of original ARC). Of course you must meet the 3 or 5 year residency requirement, but they count the previous 183 days from the day you apply. So if you apply three months after you become eligible, then they won’t count from date of issue (of your original ARC), they’ll count from 3 months after the date of issue (of your original ARC).

no, you won’t lose ARC because of the more than 183 d absent.

As for 183 d in 5 years for APRC and naturalization, the days are counted backward from the application date of APRC or naturalization.

If you don’t leave more than 183 d any year since you got ARC, it is 5 year after the issued date of your first ARC.

183 d in a year to keep your APRC got as a spouse are counted from Jan 1 of the next year you got your APRC.

Date of issuance is AFTER you apply…Before you apply, than they issue ARC. They count the 183 days from the date that is written in your ARC under ‘date of issuance’. If this is the same as they told you it’s OK

When I say apply I’m talking about applying for the APRC or naturalisation.

Look, I’m not trying to be nasty, but I think you really don’t understand what I mean, at all.

EXAMPLE AGAIN:

Person comes to Taiwan in September 2015 on a marriage visa.

They become eligible to apply for naturalisation in September 2018.

They decide to actually apply for the naturalisation in December 2018.

According to what the NIA told me on the phone, in this case they wouldn’t count from September to September for the previous 3 years, they would count from December to December for those 3 years.

Well from when you apply for APRC maybe is how they told you. But the topic is about to ‘reach’ APRC

Yes, I am talking about reaching APRC or naturalisation too.