How do you donate money to a busker in cashless China?

d388bb6

3 Likes

Cashless systems are seriously going to phuck the people. Be it china, india, sweden or wherever. Its a bad idea and only allows more or less total control of some real assholes…

As convenient as things might seem to the ignorant this is perhaps the biggest leap towards doom and gloom we have seen in a while. Mostly because, unlike wars and teligiona, all spectrums of life can be in agreement 2 points: laziness and complacancy.

The past 5 or whatever years have seen gold rise. I seriously never wanted to get involved with that whole scene. Much like bitcoin. With the way things are goin, i can at least understand why people are preparing for trade without uniformity. Is that a non-paranoid, politically correct enough way to put reality into perspective?

Cashless is bad. We already ha e credit and debit cards. It can be connected to our banks etc. The printing/minting of cash is of little expense compared to other things so it causes no real issues with an economy as far as costs or pollution. So one should ask. If cash has relatively no negative impacts on society as far as production or use, and getting rid of it entirely to digitalise it is the aim. Why? Laundering and crime is a shit excuse we should laugh at but actually counter as well as the dumb amongst us buy that excuse and the rest are too lazy and complacent (see above) to get off their sofa.

Cashless society is the worst idea since…not sure, im not that old. Well it’s all trade. But physical items of trade (currency) would be dumb as bricks to abolish.

3 Likes

“Cash is King?” does this idiom still apply ?

Yes. Well, “physical currency for trading is king” might be mpre accurate.

Honestly gold seems too over the top, but i must admit not having an exchanfe rate is logical :slight_smile:

1 Like

and its already playing out in china with the whole citizen rating nightmare. what is crazier is plenty of people think its a good idea because they are the behaved ones. yea thats how it works…

Cash is democratic. It can be used by all and daily use requires little expertise. But e-cash is anything but. You need a computer/phone that you can use, you need knowledge on how to use your phone, keep it safe, and … worst of all, your ecash needs electricity, so if your phone dies. You’re S.O.L.

1 Like

GGP ,(Guns , Gold and P…y) , can’t go far wrong with that, and a piece of fertile land at high elevation.

1 Like

So by that theory women are by proxy ok with gay marriage :slight_smile:

Cashless is a retarded and oppressive thing. The fact people can only use china as why its good should be enough to call them on being idiotic.

Cashless systems are bad. Ask someone to find one logical advantage to it. Just one.

1 Like

No coins in pockets. Seriously, it’s almost too late to worry about being reppressed. All significant transactions are already tracked when using any card except a cash card without ID connected to it. International agreements and electronic connections make it international. The developed world is heading cashless or nearly regardless.

I never get why some places actually refuse cash , when I was young you actually got a cash discount! For example my cash was refused at World Gym, they said “Credit Card” only. WTF!

Money is dirty :joy: and increases management costs.

1 Like

Nah it’s clean as i wore gloves lol

Cashless is a fantastic way to mitigate insurrection.

1 Like

Yeah true, and this thread just reminded me how much I dislike the government of mainland China. In fact all authoritarian governments whether on the left or right. Yes they love cashless but don’t seem keen on Bitcoin.
Taiwan on the other hand for all its faults is one of the most free countries I’ve lived in.

The too late to worry excuse is often the reason we end up in a mess. The lazy, nothing we can do, attitude is exactly why it works.

Complacency and laziness equals failure.

So i dont buy it!

Coins are heavy, grant you that…but if thats the hardest part of having cash and being able to pay for stuff freely, its not much of a disadvantage.

1 Like

Taipei mayor Ke P said he wants Taipei to be first cashless city in Taiwan.

And sometimes when metal prices rise the cost of the metal is more than the numerical price of the coin, so they actually have real value. Maybe it would be good if “someone” can start printing notes again with a value linked to the price of Gold.

Lots of soft money travels around in Taiwan.

From little Mom and Pop shops selling noodles to the large companies and politicians using under-the-table money.

What? Really? Hes been all over the place lately…did he have a recent bout with brain damage?

Ive kind always had the feeling taiwan would be one of the countries that held out on cashless longer. But then things in taiwan have this way of chamging overnight without little though about consequences.

Do you have a link in chinese i can read this ke p being for losing financial freedom? I would love to read it and discuss with friends.

It was last year in the news.