How do you emphasise the last item in a list?

Hello,

Does anyone know how to emphasise the last item in a list? Here are two examples that I’m struggling with:

For this sentence here I was thinking about using em dashes around ‘most importantly’. My sentence would look like this:

For this sentence here I was thinking about using a colon after ‘even worse’. My sentence would look like this:

Could someone please confirm that I’ve used the em dashes and colon correctly here?

Thanks

Isn’t “most importantly” enough emphasis?

My personal opinion/experience, as long as you do pitch here and there, most people will better digest your speech.

I’d pitch most and media.
It’s fun playing around with it and see how it changes the meaning/values of the whole sentence.

Pitch internet, most and social.

[quote=“Hamletintaiwan”]My personal opinion/experience, as long as you do pitch here and there, most people will better digest your speech.
It’s fun playing around with it and see how it changes the meaning/values of the whole sentence.
Pitch internet, most and social.[/quote]
It’s always a treat when you chime in on the grammar threads. :thumbsup:

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“Hamletintaiwan”]My personal opinion/experience, as long as you do pitch here and there, most people will better digest your speech.
Pitch internet, most and social.[/quote]
It’s always a treat when you chime in on the grammar threads. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Oops!
I missed something there.
Anyhow, I am happy to give you some joy.

You are welcome!

I would add a comma:

“… via blogs, YouTube, and most importantly, social media.”

It’s not enough for me.

When I want to emphasize the last item in a list, I use larger type, caps, bold, and at least three exclamation points.

Jimi likes sex, and drugs, and
ROCK AND ROLL!!!

[quote=“Chris”]I would add a comma:

“… via blogs, YouTube, and most importantly, social media.”[/quote]

I would think that you’d need to add two commas to separate it from the list, and then divide all of the elements with semi-colons, if we insist on following style guides to a tittle: “… via blogs; YouTube; and, most importantly, social media.”

That “most importantly” bit is probably a stripped sentence.

[quote=“zender”]Jimi likes sex, and drugs, and
ROCK AND ROLL!!!
[/quote]

you missed out grammer threads lol