How do you find the angle inside a kite?

These kinds of diagrams are usually intended to be explanatory rather than geometrically accurate.

2 Likes

Scale won’t affect the angles, but if it’s out of pro it will.

These types of questions deliberately make the picture angles incorrect so you can’t just measure them to get the answer.

1 Like

I know, my brother is mathematically gifted and I would constantly annoy him doing things like this.
I also had a bad maths teacher which killed any interest I had in maths (even though I use vectors every day).

2 Likes

OK.

What if the drawing is out of proportion?

Fact is a kite shape must add up to 360 degrees, that’s how it is for a 4 sided polygon anyways. But the diagram is misleading (probably deliberate) and there’s not really a question.

Looking at that drawing, y’all be doing some of that R.Kelly maths to find X.

I think something is missing too.
30 > X > 0

I think that’s inherently restricted by the problem? (Even for the 8x shown in the graphic, which isn’t all of the angles, x has to be less than 45 degrees.)

That’s my answer too. X = 15 degrees

then they can’t draw :upside_down_face:

1 Like

How? Can you show your work?

Damn. This shit is driving me nuts (opens the MasterCam)…

IMG_20220704_183918

Somewhat Misleading drawing in textbook. Perhaps the tilt makes it look funny. I used the dividing line as 0deg.

1 Like

AD and BC are, because the interior angles equal.

Why mastercam? Are you running a CNC machine?

I can’t really read the number though… so you are assuming that the interior angle is 90 degrees? That’s the only way it can work if they are all equal.

Internal angles of a triangle must add up to 180 degrees. Triangle ABD must be an equilateral triangle as angles A and D are the same sizes ( A is X+2X = 3X, angle D is also 3X, Angle B must therefore be 3X) so each interior angle is sixty, making X 15 degrees.

Simples.

1 Like

:thinking: If there were any reason to think it is an equilateral triangle (which there isn’t), you’d be correct that each angle would be 3x and total 60*. Which would put x=20.

1 Like

Why must it be equilateral?
In your example, the answer is 20.

NM… Ender already posted that

I ran CNC machines for years and find MasterCam draft to be a very easy drawing interface for checking dimensions and basic drafting.

Sorry for the shitty screenshot, that laptop is strictly used offline.