How do you know if you are a Girlie Man?

Oh, yes, Arrnie should talk. A man who likes to pump himself up not for sports or strength but to win the male equivalent of a beauty contest, a man who shaves off all his body hair and applies fake tanning lotions so his muscles catch the light better, a man who parades around in a speedo in front of other similiarly scantily glad men -and seems to enjoy it - , etc, etc, ect. :laughing:

What about Canadian football. They have to run an extra 10 yards.

Youā€™re walking a fine line, DM. :fume: :fume: :fume:[/quote]

Donā€™t worry yourself about DM, I would bet that he has never run a slant route over the middle. :laughing:

Speaking of non-girlie men, I remember mi compadre who played Strong Safety on our team in college. His junior season, he put 7 opposing WRā€™s in the ER, and his senior year he bettered that record by 3. Dude was the hardest hitter Iā€™ve ever seen play the game. Absolutely ferocious. :astonished:

[quote=ā€œJinete Mortalā€]

Speaking of non-girlie men, I remember mi compadre who played Strong Safety on our team in college. His junior season, he put 7 opposing WRā€™s in the ER, and his senior year he bettered that record by 3. Dude was the hardest hitter Iā€™ve ever seen play the game. Absolutely ferocious. :astonished:[/quote]

Yeah, you wonā€™t see guys like that carrying a manpurse and wanting to talk about the sitcom, ā€œFriendsā€. :laughing:

Any man who wears a face mask, tight lycra pants and pads must be a girlie man. :laughing:

Iā€™m outtta here before I get lynched. Bye.

Girlie =

Any bloke who drinks Coors Light
Any bloke who thinks Smirnoff Ice is a drink for blokes
Any bloke who smokes Marlboro Lights
The French
Any bloke who watches Friends
Any bloke who watches Sex & The City
Any bloke who doesnā€™t know who won the World Cup in 1966
Christiano Ronaldo
Any bloke who goes to wine bars
Any bloke who thinks that Tennis is a good sport

Iā€™m sure Ray Lewis would love to have a word or two with you about that. :smiling_imp:

Shouldnā€™t this thread be called ā€œHow to know if Almas John thinks youā€™re a girlie manā€? :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn! Iā€™d worked my way safely through your list thus far, but fell at that last devilish hurdle.

As Iā€™m now branded as a Girlie Man, Iā€™d better go put some gel on my hair and squeeze myself into more form-fitting trousers.

almas john has forgotten a couple of thingsā€¦ let me add:

1. Loving Erasure and ABBA.

Thatā€™s pretty girlieā€¦

:eh: thatā€™d be me :blush:

And if you give in to peer pressure about what things you can and cannot do in order to be considered a ā€œreal manā€, then you, my friend, are a SPINELESS man.

Whereas if you give in to pressure from the women as to what you can and cannot do in order to earn their approval, then you, my friend, are a hen-pecked man whose better half carries your balls in her purse.

You just canā€™t win, can you!

So thinking for oneā€™s self is not an option?

Not recommended.

Stop it. Stop it. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ā€¦ohhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha snort. Oh dear.

Oh, itā€™s too late for this kind of comedy Tigerman. Iā€™m going to bed.[/quote]

It s true, though. Lots of ex-football players take up rugby in the US when they are too old for football. How many ex-rugby players take up American football when they are too old for rugby?

Its very common in the states for athletes to take up other sports when they get older and retire. Among the popular retiree sports in the US are golf, bowling and rugby. :laughing:

Good night.[/quote]

A google image for SHOULDER PADS got this:

and this

Who let the Girliessssssssssssssss out???

Those attending KTV will see my girlie manliness when Iā€™m singing ā€œRock with You.ā€

Not recommended.[/quote]

How ironic; I would have thought that was one of the main requirements for not being a ā€œgirly manā€.

That wonā€™t save you from being ridiculed or condemned from some quarter whatever you do.

[quote=ā€œalmas johnā€]My fellow Forumosans, my fellow posters; how do you know if you are a Girlie Man? Iā€™ll tell you how.
If you believe that men should use hair care products like conditioner and gelā€¦then you are a Girlie Man! If you believe that Italian football (soccer) is a sport for menā€¦ then you are a Girlie Man! If you believe that men look good wearing jewelery ā€¦ then you are a Girlie Man! If you believe that Men