How do you know when you're losing your mind?

For the people who have coins in the left front, keys in the right; I think it’s because most of you must be right-handed. To count change, you take it out of your left pocket with your left hand, count it with your right hand, right? Keys come right out of your right pocket and (if righthanded) you use it in your right hand right?

Do left handed men put their wallets in the left rear pocket?

Richard M, sometimes I think I must be losing my mind too. I’ve always had many irrational fears, but when I first got to Taiwan, they seemed overwhelming.

Crossing the street at a busy intersection; riding the MRT over the Keelung River, or the 220 over the bridge. What if the bridge broke? What if there was an earthquake in the 10 seconds it takes to get over the river; what would happen to the train and vehicles on the bridge? I’d keep my eye on the emergency exit and think about what it would take to open it while keeping an arm around my child, getting out, getting him out. When I was pregnant, then I’d worry about how a pregnant person could get out of the emergency exit.

I’d worry about getting stuck underground in the MRT and then remind myself to always have a bottle of water and crackers in my bag.

I’m not sure when I’ll ever get to visit the supermarket at 101 because what if the day I go there, we have an earthquake and the building collapses?

And that’s just a few of the things I worry about… :unamused:

One of our apartments had a great keypad system with a password that corresponded with part of your phone number. Also, some cards can be punched with a hole for your keyring (I’ve had some) you just have to be sure it can still be read.

[quote]I put my keys and my change in the same pocket. By doing this I don’t scratch my cell phone, as I put all the metal objects togetehr and leaves open an extra pocket.
[/quote]

I keep keys, change AND the cellphonein the same (right) pocket. My cellphone gets pretty scrathed up, but it’s got a removable cover, so that doesn’t matter too much. Wallet and pen go in the left. Why are we talking about this.

Brian

Keys and change are in my left pocket and I am left-handed. Of course, I also rode in a taxi this morning so I opened the door with my right and took the money with my left. Dammit, now I’m confused on which pockets I use for which.

It would seem that left and right handed people are both forced to use keys and coins with the same hand, there are left-handed scissors and corkscrews for left-handed people, why not coins and keys ? Something needs to be done about this blatent discrimination :x

the other day i woke up and couldnt recollect the last 8 days… since sometiem around christmas… and i checked my digital camera… I have no idea where these pictures are from, and I never knew i liked picking flowers so much

And Illah after all that, were you still able to locate your keys?

Who has a key box at their house by the door somewhere? I can’t believe it took me so long to work that one out. Uh oh…I think I’m slipping back into that oh no…Ahggggg!!

Our apartments use a ‘smart’ keyfob; a little grey disc about 2cm across and 0.5cm thick.

If you travel to densely populated 3rd world milieux during Chinese New Year, remember to carry your wallet (sideways) in one of your front trouser pockets, and your passport and other valuables in your inside-shirt neckbag.

I read the funnies in the China Post today and thought that BC was edgy, Hagar was pretty funny, and Beetle Bailey was over my head. I have lost it.

And I have stopped wearing pants.

You keep your cell phones in your pockets :shock: !!! Don’t you worry about the twig and berries getting cancer? :shock:

There you go, something else to worry about :wink:

I dont like keeping change in either pocket. as a result I have enough small change at home to sink a battleship…

Personally, I wouldn’t know. It is hard to lose something that has been gone for so long :frowning:.

:laughing:

The Wise man said: Memory is the second thing that goes.
The student asked: What’s the first?
The Wise man replied: I forget.

One of the first people I met here was a Jehovah’s witness who let me come to her house and get her drunk. Everybody makes mistakes!

What’s this ‘stuff in your pockets’ crap? I can’t stand having stuff in my pockets, especially shrapnel - small change. Anything smaller than a 50 goes into a special pot when I get home. Two 50s get turned into a note.

I now have a grand total of 3 keys about my person - front door, apartment door, office. The bike key (don’t use it much) stays seperate so’s to avoid growing a big key ring. That’s all my metal, and it goes in the front right on the rare occasion when I’m not carrying a bag or wearing the bum-bag.

Wallet in the front pocket of the bum-bag, contains one credit card for emergencies, a few banknotes, drivers license, ARC, and yoyo card. I just have to thrust my groin at the sensor going into the MRT. Very easy, and rather stylish I think.

Main pocket of the bum bag contains my brain, built by Sony, with Palm OS and headphones for the music. Keys and shrapnel in here too, and maybe a pen or two.

Phone in pouch clips to bumbag. Hands and pockets free. What else does a man need? Without the bag it just clips onto my belt.

Just to be on the safe side, I keep spares of all my keys at the office, my gf has a set for home too, spare office key at home, front door key taped inside the mailbox, apartment key hidden inside the building, spare bike key wired inside the battery box. I started doing this after losing my keys twice in three days recently.

One thing that I still don’t have under control is money. I budget, I plan, I get paid as forecast, I spend the money I expect to spend, and when I add it all up at the end of the month I’m NT$10-15000 short. Where does it all go?

And this morning I irretrievably deleted my entire address book. Can’t find the backup either. Too much Bacardi as a young man has obviously caught up with me.

The distressing thing is that I do or say something without remembering that I have already done or said the same exact thing. I used to put it down to stress, but now think it is senility.

Get so fed up with the old “That’s just the way it is!” excuse that you actually try to change the way it is.

Richard,

I don’t know how old you are… and, I’m not asking. You never ask a lady her age. :laughing:. However, I’m only 35 and I’ve been doing that since I was in my teens. I’m not sure that is a sign of senility. At least I hope not. Otherwise, I’m already senile. :cry:

Richard,

I don’t know how old you are… and, I’m not asking. You never ask a lady her age. :laughing: However, I’m only 35 and I’ve been doing that since…

Huh? Wait! I already posted this? Huh? When did I do that… :?: :?:

See what I mean. :mrgreen:

:laughing: Me too! Exactly! :laughing:

and I’m right handed, change left, keys right. I do have a special key nail in the wall, and husband has a key bowl. Half the time we still can’t find them!