How do you say "ethnocentric" in chinese

Actually I want to do all those icky words.

race - zhong3zhu2
patriotic - ai4guo2 de
nationalistic - guo2jia1zhu3yi4
(not sure that this has the same negative connotation as the English…)
ethnic - ren2zhong3
prejudice - pian1jian4
(All RE approved)

jingoistic -

ethnocentric -

This last one doesn’t seem to exist in Chinese, which is odd of course. I mean, well… anyway.

As always, thanks in advance. :notworthy:

I have a translator on my computer, and while it doesn’t have Mandarin, it has traditional Han and says “種族中心主意,” which means “race core idea.” I have no idea if that will help at all, but thought I’d try!

zhong3zu2

ren2zhong3 is race. zu2qun2 or min2zu2 would be a better term.

Jingoism is the same as Chauvinism and is transliterated using the latter as Sha1wen2zhu3yi4.

Min2zu2 zhong1xin1 zhu3yi4

Thanks.

The only Chinese characters I know are the ones for one, two and three. Four baffles me but then I remember pocket pool and have a brief epiphany.

Translated into Pinyin your “word” above translates to zhong3 (seed) zu2 (family) zhong1 (centre) xin1 (heart) zhu3 (master) yi4 (idea) or seed family centre heart master idea.

I’m guessing that’s pretty close but will wait and see what the professionals have to say.

zhong3zu2

ren2zhong3 is race. zu2qun2 or min2zu2 would be a better term.

Jingoism is the same as Chauvinism and is transliterated using the latter as Sha1wen2zhu3yi4.

Min2zu2 zhong1xin1 zhu3yi4[/quote]

:notworthy:

Sha1wen2zhu3yi4 = Kill culture master idea?

Is that correct, a good mnemonic, or both?

[quote=“bob”]Sha1wen2zhu3yi4 = Kill culture master idea?

Is that correct, a good mnemonic, or both?[/quote]
Just the latter. Literally, Sha1wen2zhu3yi4 (沙文主義) may mean “sand language God justice”. But as I wrote above, Sha1wen2 is simply a transliteration of Chauvin.

[quote=“sjcma”][quote=“bob”]Sha1wen2zhu3yi4 = Kill culture master idea?

Is that correct, a good mnemonic, or both?[/quote]
Just the latter. Literally, Sha1wen2zhu3yi4 (沙文主義) may mean “sand language God justice”. But as I wrote above, Sha1wen2 is simply a transliteration of Chauvin.[/quote]
yes, and
zhu3yi4 means an ism or a doctrine; a principle; philosophy,etc.