How do You Say Green Screen/Chroma Key in Chinese

Hey, anybody know how they say Green Screen here? I’ve tried every word I could find out there even went to Alibaba, found a Green Screen, took the mainland word to ruten, pchome, and yahoo tw bid and excluding one ultra-expensive item, found nothing but green phones, green alarm clocks, and some computer keyboards. I need a cheap one as I am trying to transition into an online ESL teacher and want to learn all the fancy tricks the youTubers do to make my classroom “fun” and “exciting.”

Better even, would be if someone knows where I walk into a store in Taipei and buy a green screen on the cheap.

It’s simply 綠幕 but you need to add that the 綠幕 is for Chroma key compositing.

1 Like

綠幕去背 is a commonly used term.

So if you can’t find your green screen using the 綠幕 or 綠色背景布 keywords, try using 去背, or 去背布 instead

https://24h.pchome.com.tw/store/DGCF1M

Looks like cheap ones go for under 500 NTD

Thanks a lot. :grinning: I’ll try those words.

I was also looking into a green screen when my kid asked we make YouTube videos with different backgrounds.

I found this on the Filmora website and didn’t get the impression I needed to get a special background since their software would handle the background replacement. The key, of course, is having all the lamps that you would need.

And a few years ago, I brought the kid to a modeling agency here so we could be added to their contact database, and the green screen they used was essentially a long sheet of white paper that ensured the bottom back wall corner was not visible.

Thanks, unfortunately Filmora appears not to work with my Linux OS. There is another one, Chromecast, that doesn’t require a physical green screen, but it doesn’t work with Linux either.