How do you say "scientology"?

It exists…but how to do you say it in Chinese?

山達基教 Shan1da2ji1jiao4

I also find:

科学神教 (zh.wikipedia.com)
基督科学教 (overseas sites)
Another site from Mainland China says that this is also called 信仰疗法教会 (“religion of curing by faith/belief”).

I don’t think there’s a “standard” translation yet, but quite a few Web sites use 山達基教(科学教) and this juxtaposition makes the most sense to me, as it captures both the sound (from the English) and the sense (in a way). To me this best serves the reader.

[quote=“ironlady”]I also find:

科学神教 (zh.wikipedia.com)
基督科学教 (overseas sites)
Another site from Mainland China says that this is also called 信仰疗法教会 (“religion of curing by faith/belief”).
[/quote]

科学神教 in wikipedia gets re-pointed to 山达基教, so I guess they’re the same thing. As for 基督科学教, I believe it refers to Christian Science, which is definitely not Scientology as the latter has no discernible link to Christ (基督) at all.

Makes sense about the Christian Science link, but the site I found claimed (for what that’s worth, of course) that they were talking about Scientology. Just goes to show, don’t believe everything you Google! :smiley:

Are Scientologists Christians, either nominally or practically? I’m not even sure. :astonished:

[quote=“ironlady”]Makes sense about the Christian Science link, but the site I found claimed (for what that’s worth, of course) that they were talking about Scientology. Just goes to show, don’t believe everything you Google! :smiley:

Are Scientologists Christians, either nominally or practically? I’m not even sure. :astonished:[/quote]

Christian Science and Scientology is different. Christian Science is an interpretation of Christianity formed by Mary Baker Eddy. Scietology is L Ron Hubbard, we are all infested with aliens.

I know they’re different. I’m asking whether Scientology is Christian, or nominally so, or considers itself so.

No, no, and no.

No…