How do you stop people from touching your bicycle?

How do you stop people from touching your bicycle? I can’t bring it inside and people constantly feel the need to move my bicycle. Should I write a note??? Am I allowed to report it??? I don’t understand. :sob::sob::sob:

Write

1 Like

I was upset :woozy_face:

1 Like

And you didn’t correct it. That’s stoicism. :+1:

People will move it regardless. The only solution is getting a bike too heavy to move.

Damn you… Now you did correct it. Change it back!

2 Likes

Yea if you call the cops they will ask if the bike was stolen… and it wasn’t. So that will go nowhere.

Fact is in Taiwan you really need to redefine your “personal space” because if you go by the American standard you will feel violated at all times.

Your bike getting moved all the time is likely people rearranging all the bikes/scooters to fit theirs in the space. Happens all the time as some people are clueless about parking their bikes. Only way you are going to stop it completely is to either make it too heavy to move, or lock it to a fixed location, or bring it in. If you have an expensive bike, that is what you should be doing.

2 Likes

How do I make it heavy?

3 Likes

And I thought people wanted to feel the felt on your fancy seat…

4 Likes

Could you leave it in the place they move it to?

4 Likes

The problem with any stationary fixture is if you put it on public roads, that’s not legal. Because it’s not your property but the government’s. Your best bet is to secure the bike to a sign or lamp post… or something discreet like a U bolt in the ground.

But putting fixtures onto a property that isn’t your own is inviting trouble.

2 Likes

:joy:

You should know that anything ground level is automatically the property of the house next to it, even if it’s public space. No one ever does anything about it, no matter what is put out. No one will complain about a little block, but they will park scooters or cars right in front of it.

2 Likes

They’ve done this BS too. Plus someone parked like an idiot in front of my scooter. :joy: Thanks for the link!

They move it to random places.

2 Likes

Why not?

That’s very odd. So, either the bike isn’t just in their way and they are winding you up, or it’s in their way and they are making a point - ‘stop leaving your bike here’ kind of thing.

No elevator + no place to place inside.

That’s why I always rented first floor until I bought my own place. Hell, the other neighbors on the first floor even helped protect it. No one wanted to endanger the little racket going on in the alley.

2 Likes

Let’s say they move my bike from A to B. The next day I put it at B they then move it to C. :woozy_face: Super annoying. I don’t touch their stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t wait to move! Hopefully, the next place I can bring it inside or something.

I’d put a giant potted plant next to the wall and then secure the bike around it.

3 Likes

Sit on it ?

4 Likes