How do you want to die?

Face it, it will come to you sooner or later. Living in Polutepei, rather soon.
Not sure where that is, though :wink:

I found some rather stylish final goodbyes in family history.

1. One guy announced in the early thirties ā€œI will dieā€, then he sold his spare wooden leg, all stuff he did not need (no joke, he had lost his leg when a grenade cought him during he went into the bushes for a human need in WWI) and was spending all the money in about 2 weeks. Girls, alcohol.

He was over 70, had had few money all his life (working class) so he made a final party time. When money was over, he laid down in his best remaining suit in the bedroom and said ā€œI lie down to die now.ā€ Refused to get up, did not talk anymore, soon slept and never woke up again :notworthy: .

1. Another male ancestor of mine, uh ā€¦ my grand dad, announced in the early 50s he wants to drink himself to death. Announced it shouting to the street. OK it could be connected to my grandma escaping to UK previously :stuck_out_tongue:
    Well he was succesfull. It worked! Unpleasant was the part where he got blind though. I do not want to copy that (um ā€¦ wrong chemical formula I guess).

I am more found of no. 1, but prefering to go during the action, not afterwards in bed.

Trying to avoid a blue truck,

Bob Beerdigt

It is a peculiar thing but I have seen my own death a number of times. It all started 4 years ago. I awoke one night and wrote, quite bizarrely, the number 103 on my wall. At the time I had no idea what it meant. After about a week, and a series of increasingly lucid dreams, I assertained that this was to be my age at my death. I also gathered from the dreams that I am to die in a sail boat. Cause of death - old age. For a long time I have planned my life into three stages. 0-31 have been assigned for leisure. 32- 60 have beed designated as work/ family time, and 60 to (as it turns out) 103 are to be for leisure again. Obviously I will pick up a love of boats and the ocean as I am currently a land lubber!
I am an ardent advocate of the idea that faith (not only the religious kind) will make things happen. I have no doubt that I will die in a boat aged 103.

Tom-over the- Hill

I want to be bored to death by more stupid threads like this one.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I would charge money though.

Bob S. Nuff

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his bus.

3 wordsā€¦ In the act :stuck_out_tongue:

Matthew, that is a very funny line. Is it yours?

Re our conversation in The Tavern: 7, by my reckoning.

In the late 19th century another ancestor went to Siberia (the cold part of Russia :laughing: ) to sell ā€œOrgelnā€ to the natives.

I have no idea what ā€œOrgelnā€ are called in English, here is one:

I wonder how he got them thereā€¦

At least he died almost immediately of pneumonia. :s

// my mum says I shall be carefull as I am even more eastwardsā€¦

That looks mightily like an organ, sir.
Here come the thread jackersā€¦

[quote=ā€œTomHillā€]That looks mightily like an organ, sir.
Here come the thread jackersā€¦[/quote]

He also took his organ to Russia, you are right.
But I think he kept it until the very end.

Jacking my own threadā€¦ a new feeling

Yip. I want to die the way that Nelson Rockefeller died. In my 70s or 80s and in the sweaty thighs of a 20-something chick. :bravo:

Of course, that is only if my wife dies before me. hehehehehe.

I wonā€™t die.

Matthew, that is a very funny line. Is it yours?

Re our conversation in The Tavern: 7, by my reckoning.[/quote]

No, itā€™s an old Saturday Night Live gag.

farstrider.net/DeepThoughts/Handey.htm

Like TomHill, I want to die at sea. But under it rather than atop it. I want to make enough filthy lucre to retire from this humdrummy life of teaching and start me a small but self sufficient scuba school where I will dive every day for twenty years, then a bull shark will bite my head off.

I used to want to be buried in an avalanche, eyes wide open, on a glacier to be stilled forever with a frozen vista as my panorama.

But I like scuba more,ā€¦now.

Iā€™d like toā€¦and am probably going toā€¦die in a motorbike accident.

Iā€™ve seen over 240km/hr on Taiwan roads dozens of times. And Iā€™ve hit 275km/hr a few times in Taiwan.

Itā€™ll happen.

[quote=ā€œMordethā€]Iā€™d like toā€¦and am probably going toā€¦die in a motorbike accident.

Iā€™ve seen over 240km/hr on Taiwan roads dozens of times. And Iā€™ve hit 275km/hr a few times in Taiwan.

Itā€™ll happen.[/quote]

Just try not to take anyone else with youā€¦ mā€™ok?

Shame to die so obviously young. Yes, please do spare the rest of humanity your violent end if you can. Perhaps you could try launching of a cliff into the ocean so no one has to mop your guts up off the road?

Dying on the job must be a total nightmare for the other party so Iā€™ll have to scratch that one.

Having had the luxury of watching countless people step off this mortal coil I think Iā€™d like to go out in an opiated haze in much the way many people do in the industrialised world.

HG

Quick and painless death rescuing some child from in front of a bus or somethingā€¦

ā€¦ but not for a few years yet, thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=ā€œirishstuā€]Quick and painless death rescuing some child from in front of a bus or somethingā€¦
ā€¦ but not for a few years yet, thanks. :p[/quote]

You are a world class hero. Not me.

[quote=ā€œJohn Rennie 78ā€]Like TomHill, I want to die at sea. But under it rather than atop it. I want to make enough filthy lucre to retire from this humdrummy life of teaching and start me a small but self sufficient scuba school where I will dive every day for twenty years, then a bull shark will bite my head off.

But I like scuba more,ā€¦now.[/quote]

What if the shark works his way UP from your toes? Still feel the same way?

jdscuba