How do you write Air Rights in Chinese?

I would like to find out whether “air rights” are a thing in the real estate market here in Taiwan. But I don’t know how to write it so I can Google for more information

I think the Chinese is “lu di” – which sounds like side road or side of the road.

This article about Air Rights is what I am referring to
https://www.elegran.com/blog/2013/03/money-out-of-thin-air-air-rights-and-manhattan-part-1

One of the most famous instances of transferable development rights is Donald Trump’s 72-story tower at 845 United Nations Plaza. In a shrewd maneuver that outraged the Upper-East Side, Trump amassed the air rights from the surrounding buildings and created the tallest residential building in the world at the time. Of course, while it may be the most extreme example of the use—or abuse, depending on your perspective—of air rights, Trump World Tower is far from an isolated occurrence.

The Holy Family Catholic Church on East 47th was one of the buildings that sold its rights to Trump, receiving $10 million for space they were never going to use. Places of worship often sell their air rights because the typically low-rise buildings rarely come close to zoning limits. In November 2005, Christ Church in New York sold their air rights for a $430 per square foot, raking in more than $30 million. St. Teresa’s Church used the $2.1 million of its 1998 sale of air rights to pay for the building’s restoration.

May be this?

空間權

https://m.aptusmedical.com/2018/02/st-patricks-air-rights-midtown-east/

空間權 - MBA智库百科

土地 or 地界 上方空間使用權 or often just 上空使用權, although 上空 has a well-known Japanese Kanji usage that means topless… so… use at your own discretion.

Buildings that violates this air right is referred to as 越界建築

or 上空權 領空權

民法
第 773 條
土地所有權,除法令有限制外,於其行使有利益之範圍內,及於土地之上下。如他人之干涉,無礙其所有權之行使者,不得排除之。
Unless otherwise restricted by the Acts and regulations, ownership of land extends to such height and depth above and below the surface of the land within the range advantageous to the exercise of such ownership. Interference from others shall not be excluded if it does not obstruct the exercise of the ownership.

Regulations for Superficies Acquisition Compensation by Transportation Operation Overpass and Underpass

地上權

地上權 is superficies, meaning you own a part of the building without owning a part of the land. The Kanji is a legal term invented by the Japanese and adopted by both Taiwan and Korea.

2 Likes