How do you write an "X"?

I never considered anyone would not use No. 7 .

2 Likes

Thinking about how I write it has messed me up, but I think I write a cursive x in the manner of No. 7, and that I print an x like No. 8.

1 Like

Definitely 7 for me.

My letter that I write strangely is lowercase d. I do it in just one stroke like a backwards 6 that stands up straight.

Duh, no mention of the fact that most people write X the way they were taught to write it .

1 Like

From 5 to 8 I may write any, depending on where I rest the pen

This is a thing?

Definitely 7. But in Taiwan I’ve learned that people can write seemingly innocent symbols in very strange ways.

#firstworldproblems

I’m just trying to figure out what “the wrong way” is in the context of toilet paper.

The right way

1 Like

Yes, apparently it’s a big thing and I first encountered the toilet paper controversy some 30 years ago. It was never a thing in the household I grew up in, though.

As for writing an X, I do 7. I’ve never heard of writing an X with upstrokes of any form.

In math, or should I say maths, Brits are taught to write the variable x as a combination of a backward-c and a c, whereas in the US, we write it with cross strokes.

Definitely 7

Because otherwise it looks the same as the symbol for multiplication or cross product. Americans are doing it wrong, as usual. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was taught to still use the number 7 method, but the first stroke is a bit like a tilted tilde.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it’s probably just a cursive x.

Definitely 8 for me.

non cursive, 8.

There are even more ways one might write an “X”. For example, > < etc. And none of the examples given were cursive.

I have seen surveys about the direction of butt-wiping. (Turns out there are directions I’d never considered.)

2 Likes

Deeper. DEEPER!

2 Likes

Was it that Reddit post?