How does one assess fortune tellers?

it’s all pure mind reading and coincidence. nobody can see the future. these fortune tells learn how to read a person’s face, your voice, your eyes, your posture. it has nothing to do with time or the future. it is all about the present, WHO YOU ARE NOW.

yes, MiakAw girls are more sensitive to these things and understand, intuit them, better than men. That is why women ar superior to men. For sure.

We are dummies. We be neanderthals.

I can see into the future. I can see Formosa and Maoman getting married to each other and having the most schitzoid kids in the history of the human race.

That is frighteningly bizarre.
What is a “semi-truth”? Why is it better to believe in this than not?
Fortune tellers would be more entertaining if they were not so expensive. NT$1,000 to have someone tell me, “You will never be rich, but you will never be poor, either,” “You will always have someone who can lend you money if you need it,” “Just one unlucky star prevented you from being a global mover and shaker,” “You have to watch your health in your late 40s.” All these have been told to me by “real” fortune tellers. Specifically vague.
I’d rather spend the money on a good massage, eh, MiakaW?

Some truth to that. The NT$200 ones are usually the most entertaining.

i am somewhat skeptical, but open-minded about this kinda stuff.

but it seems to me a lot of this stuff could be self-fulfilling prophecy. maybe if i told you A, and you believe it strong enough and fixate about it, maybe you subconsciously make decisions to make A happen (assuming A isn’t too farfetched or impossible)

That is frighteningly bizarre.
What is a “semi-truth”? Why is it better to believe in this than not?
Fortune tellers would be more entertaining if they were not so expensive. NT$1,000 to have someone tell me, “You will never be rich, but you will never be poor, either,” “You will always have someone who can lend you money if you need it,” “Just one unlucky star prevented you from being a global mover and shaker,” “You have to watch your health in your late 40s.” All these have been told to me by “real” fortune tellers. Specifically vague.
I’d rather spend the money on a good massage, eh, MiakaW?[/quote]

well, if this is what your fortune tellers said to you during those sessions, then he / she is def. ripping you off. I am not talking about general assumption / answers. I am talking about how they can read your past (which they perfectly indicated what happened to me when I was a child, what was some of the problems that I had dealt with…etc) and at the same time, look into my future. I might not know if what he/she said about my future are corrected, but if I go back to that person more than 1 visit, then it means that more or less he’ve nailed some of it…

well, that is my experience! and nah, massages from me are free!!