How does One become a moderator?

Really, how does someone become a moderator?

You have to pass a drinking test.

Sometimes we ask for volunteers, more commonly forumosa’s administrator (i.e. Maoman) contacts posters who have an interest/knowledge of that forum topic. Oh, did I mention the drinking test.

Develop a presence on Forumosa (takes time). Give the impression that you a responsible person who could make a positive contribution to the web site, and eventually “someone” may invite you to be a moderator.

Edit: I have just been reading some of your posts, Defender, and frankly you have not made a good start. You have just jumped in here and started making loads of posts that are neither original nor intelligent. You have also commited the sin of starting new threads on existing topics. Please browse and search for existing topics before starting new threads.

End of sermon.

Develop a presence on Forumosa (takes time). Give the impression that you a responsible person who could make a positive contribution to the web site, and eventually “someone” may invite you to be a moderator.[/quote]
Yep, that’s it exactly. :slight_smile:

Am I responsible? I post good info and when I want to post drivel I automatically go to the Flounder Forum.

Oops, forgot to add the muahahaha :laughing:

914 for Flounder Forum mod!

[quote=“914”]Am I responsible? I post good info and when I want to post drivel I automatically go to the Flounder Forum.

Oops, forgot to add the muahahaha :laughing:[/quote]

Be interesting when the flounders get cleaned up. 914 could almost go into negative numbers.

-41 posts. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Ironman”][quote=“914”]Am I responsible? I post good info and when I want to post drivel I automatically go to the Flounder Forum.

Oops, forgot to add the muahahaha :laughing:[/quote]

Be interesting when the flounders get cleaned up. 914 could almost go into negative numbers.

-41 posts. :slight_smile:[/quote]

No kidding eh! All that hard work! I’d be “Ink still wet in passport.” I used to sit in my corner and look up to all the “Scooter Commuters.”

Let’s get buttons “914 for Flounder Mod!”

Hahah, just kidding. Being a mod requires a lot of work and I give kudos to ALL the mods and admin here for the unpaid time they put into this site. I was just thinking the other day that this site is so necessary. I wonder if any other countries in S/E/Asia have something like this for the English speaking community.

This site has been the oasis in the middle of the Ghobi.

The McDonald’s surrounded by duck tongue shops.

Develop a presence on Forumosa (takes time). Give the impression that you a responsible person who could make a positive contribution to the web site, and eventually “someone” may invite you to be a moderator.[/quote]
Yep, that’s it exactly. :slight_smile:[/quote]Is that all it takes ? In that case I want my money back. Are you other moderators saying that you don’t don’t have to dress up like a pony and let Maoman ride you ?

Yep, that’s it exactly. :slight_smile:[/quote]Is that all it takes ? In that case I want my money back. Are you other moderators saying that you don’t don’t have to dress up like a pony and let Maoman ride you ?[/quote]

BFM,

You got off easy…I had to dress up as a nurse. :blush:

Yep, that’s it exactly. :slight_smile:[/quote]Is that all it takes ? In that case I want my money back. Are you other moderators saying that you don’t don’t have to dress up like a pony and let Maoman ride you ?[/quote]

I didn’t get my drinking test! I protest this deviation from procedure! I had to do the little school boy routine. One of Maoman’s kids.

So, how was the ride? Soooo weeeeee! eh?

I went to a happy hour and woke up chained to the table in Maoman’s underground lab. He let me go after inserting the obedience chip, and I have been a slave ever since.

That was a breeze compared to the initiation ceremony…

I want to be a moderator, because I have a huge ego and like to feel like I have some power over other. Plus all the mods get their screen names in a different color…I want that!!!

BFM,

You got off easy…I had to dress up as a nurse. :blush:[/quote]

Nurse?! I had to dress up as the needle. :astonished:

I’ve met a few moderators lately.

They can end up spending a lot of time each day on this job for little reward from what I can see, so as BFM says I figure its probably time to be nice them. (most of them anyway)

You’ve found out our secret.

Maoman - make this man a moderator. He seems to qualify.

Brian

You’ve found out our secret.

Maoman - make this man a moderator. He seems to qualify.

Brian[/quote]

Yeah what he said :sunglasses:

Frost, you can’t be seen to be desperately wanting to do it. You have to say things like " awwww shit, O…K… I’ll do it, but just until you find someone else" or words to that effect.

If you say that you became a moderator of a very popular forum, where a lot of posters go after each others balls, like international politics or Living in Taiwan, or Open forum, then you would be looking at many hours slaving, splicing, splitting, flaming, and finally floundering.

Hard work at no pay, and then a cupful of abuse once in a while.

Ask yourself if that’s what you want.

Moderating the “Pets forum”… a breeze…

Star chamber… better keep your offline identity a secret, as some idiot might become very emotional over why he was banned.

Frost for moderator of the invisible forum!