How Important is Sex for your Happiness?

Ah! So it’s the devil’s work then! Thought as much.

HG

In my case HG, I’m reminded of the Sheryl Crow song, “If it makes you happy, then why the hell are you so sad.”

Maybe there haven’t been enough responses for hte poll to be statistically significant (though it’s a really good response by forumosa standards), but i find it interesting that. . .

A greater percent of men (16%) than women (2%) say sex is fairly unimportant or not necessary at all for them to be happy. Isn’t that opposite the conventional wisdom – that men are supposedly all horny beasts and women never want to get it on?

On the other hand, a greater percentage of men chose option #1: “I need it and I need it now.”

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Maybe there haven’t been enough responses for hte poll to be statistically significant (though it’s a really good response by forumosa standards), but I find it interesting that. . .

A greater percent of men (16%) than women (2%) say sex is fairly unimportant or not necessary at all for them to be happy. Isn’t that opposite the conventional wisdom – that men are supposedly all horny beasts and women never want to get it on?

On the other hand, a greater percentage of men chose option #1: “I need it and I need it now.”[/quote]

It mirrors my experience perfectly. Most of the guys that I know just need some most of the time regardless but a lot of guys also really don’t care. Most ladies I know are pretty fine without sex but the ones that I’ve had relationships with always wants the dilz once the relationship is steady. Given that most ladies I know think that steady relationship = happiness…

what a great thread for my 1st post! very important…very important indeed! :bravo:

Isn’t it more important not to get caught?

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]but i find it interesting that. . .

On the other hand, a greater percentage of men chose option #1: “I need it and I need it now.”[/quote]

I think its quite logical actually, u see in Taiwan, the tables have turned, and its the men that can get it when they want. If you can always get something, then you’re more likely to say its unimportant.

However, perhaps for the first time in their life, the women are in a situation where its not necessarily there when they want it. So now that its become scare, its become more important.

[quote=“Tyc00n”][quote=“Mother Theresa”]but i find it interesting that. . .

I think its quite logical actually, u see in Taiwan, the tables have turned, and its the men that can get it when they want. If you can always get something, then you’re more likely to say its unimportant.

However, perhaps for the first time in their life, the women are in a situation where its not necessarily there when they want it…[/quote]

Put down the crackpipe and back away from the keyboard mister. Do you honestly think that women can’t get laid anytime they want here? Hahahahaha! That’s a good one! :slight_smile:

Erhu

He was talking about women in general, not you! We all know how gorgeous you are. :laughing:

Ha! Gorgeousness ain’t got nothin to do with it Ed. :wink: As a woman, being able to get sex anytime, anywhere comes with the territory. Most gals don’t go out and “pick-up” for a shag in the same way that guys do. But knowing that we can, at any moment, is one of the rights of being female. Honestly, it doesn’t matter if it’s in Taiwan or Timbuktu.

I’m not so sure about your statement. I’ve heard (not being in educational circles myself anymore) there are a lot of sexually repressed female English teachers here that ain’t getting any. Maybe they can get some loving with one of their Canadian co-teachers, but I’m sure sinking to such a level doesn’t satisfy their “valley girl” life ambitions. In other words, anywhere and anytime — maybe at their “cougar” bar back home in America, but I doubt it here.

I’m not so sure about your statement. I’ve heard (not being in educational circles myself anymore) there are a lots of sexually repressed female English teachers here that ain’t getting any. Maybe they can get some loving with one of their Canadian co-teachers, but I’m sure sinking to such a level doesn’t satisfy their “valley girl” life ambitions. In other words, anywhere and anytime — maybe at their “cougar” bar back home in America, but I doubt it here.[/quote]

If you join AFF, you probably could get as much ass as you wanted. If you went to the clubs and harassed the security, you could probably end up getting some ass. But who wants ass? It gets boring after awhile, IMO. Women aren’t meant to be like men as in sexual predators. Why put out the gold when you are getting copper?

[quote=“Erhu”][quote=“Tyc00n”][quote=“Mother Theresa”]but i find it interesting that. . .

However, perhaps for the first time in their life, the women are in a situation where its not necessarily there when they want it…[/quote]

Put down the crackpipe and back away from the keyboard mister. Do you honestly think that women can’t get laid anytime they want here? Hahahahaha! That’s a good one! :slight_smile:[/quote]

woah!!! hello Ms defensive :smiley: I think you’ve got me bent over my keyboard right now!

Sugar…What I meant to say, is that women are more on the backfoot here than back home, whereas for guys… well… lets just say that in my opinion, and I challenge you to deny this… but in a complete reversal of how things work back home, western men in asia, compared to western women have more choice, more often.

Even if you like local guys (and power to you girl if thats what floats your boat), many western girls don’t. (I think that is just asking for a poll to prove my point). So therefore, given that I would say the majority of western guys here are chasing local girls (except Loretta and Dangermouse), that leaves less choice for most western women in Taiwan.

There are numerous threads supporting my view point, I’ll pass the pipe to you Erhu :uhhuh:

Erm, we’re talking about sex here, right? A lot of women, won’t do sex without a relationship, but if they were ok with the one-night thing, there would be plenty of options. Don’t forget, Western women are a novelty here in Taiwan, too. There are a whole country full of men who have fantasized about what it would be like to shag a foreign woman. If a woman really wants sex, she can get it. She’s probably not going to brag about it on a public forum though. (That’s what the private women’s forum is for :wink: )

And besides, the myth that every Western man is surrounded by a harem of Asian women upon arrival in Taiwan is a bit exaggerated. Not every foreign guy is a hottie like you, Tyc00n. Just scroll down the D&R forum to “Dammit Beavis, I’m not getting any…” for more details.

If your definition of “foreign woman” is a nymph Asian mistress from Shanghai you are probably right.

How do you know? Have you been looking through keyholes in the wall?

If your definition of “foreign woman” is a nymph Asian mistress from Shanghai you are probably right. [/quote]

Nope, my definition of foreign woman doesn’t include a nymph Asian mistress from Shanghai. Next question?

How do you know? Have you been looking through keyholes in the wall?[/quote]

Perhaps you didn’t see the part where I wrote:

No worries, Chewy. Glad to clarify.

If your definition of “foreign woman” is a nymph Asian mistress from Shanghai you are probably right. [/quote]

Nope, my definition of foreign woman doesn’t include a nymph Asian mistress from Shanghai. Next question?

How do you know? Have you been looking through keyholes in the wall?[/quote]

Perhaps you didn’t see the part where I wrote:

No worries, Chewy. Glad to clarify.[/quote]

I guess what I meant to say was that I don’t really think the average Taiwanese man fantasizes about Western women as much as you think they do. Their dream is one or two mistresses on the mainland. As animals, humans will fantasize about anything that gets the juices flowing. In reality and in the real world though (which so many people on this forum don’t seem to be living in), Taiwanese men don’t seem to be chasing and marrying too many Western women. And why should they? They know quality when they see it and they prefer the home products.

As for the Beavis thread – some people just don’t have charisma and couldn’t get laid for all the tea in China. That is true in Taiwan, Toronto, Toulouse, and Timbuktu.

And there you have it folks. That’s what Chewy thinks. And now you know the end of the story. :unamused:

I am just being honest. For the most part, the locals’ perceptions of foreign women are shaped by the media, and a majority of locals here have limited interaction with international people. Do you think when they are fantasizing about a foreign face it is a woman from a Hollywood movie, a fashion model, or Suzy the Donkey woman from Kid Castle?

Again, I disagree with your assumption that an island full of men are dreaming about foreign women IN TAIWAN.

Obviously Chewy and I hang in different circles and therefore have different views. Taiwanese men have Shanghai mistresses because getting a Mainland mistress is easy and convenient. But, most Taiwanese guys can’t get a Western girl. We’re in the minority here and we’re some damn picky women.

Nyway, if anyone doubts that Taiwanese guys don’t chase Western woman, just follow miss “You are not Alone” around for a few days. You’ll quickly see how aggressive they become in the presence of blonde hair. :wink:

(btw: Suzy the Donkey woman from Kid Castle? Damn, that’s some funny s***, Chewy! I actually laughed at that one :laughing:)

[color=red]Edit:[/color] And I still think that even Suzy the Donkey woman can easily get laid in Taiwan. Send her out with me and I’ll hook her up!