How inconvenient is it for people who aren't triple-vaccinated in Taiwan right now?

Okay, you did. My apologies. It certainly doesn’t feel that way, but yes, I was wrong. I’ve learned something new.

That said, there are considerably more old people than young people in Taiwan by virtue of the larger population, so my initial pondering if the larger number of old people has something to do with it still stands.

4 Likes

It is true that population is aging faster in Taiwan as birth rate is lower than there’s no immigration unlike in England where everyone’s an immigrant.

1 Like

I was going to retort to that last point but, yeah, you’re basically right.

1 Like

The other thing is you live in London and London’s population is very young as British pensioners tend to live in … Spain. Old people in Taiwan live in Taipei so you would feel like you see a ton of old people everywhere on the street.

And for the ones who don’t live in Spain, I reckon they’re more likely to stay home drinking tea than to go out and enjoy the urban life. :2cents:

1 Like

This is mostly it. They know it will be loosened soon.

Dammit! I was gonna go get me some experienced urban lifers in blighty to club hop.

i needed to get my booster. With no appointment, at noon today i walked 50 m to a local clinic, showed my papers, out the door boosted in about 10 minutes.

Getting the booster is pretty convenient.

5 Likes

My friends who teach tell me that they’re required to be boosted by their schools, or provide a negative weekly test.

So far, not too bad for me. I’ve had two shots and want to wait on a booster until absolutely necessary because I’d prefer a vaccine that is closer matched to the current variants.
Many people believe the boosters will make you less likely to transmit the virus, so I did have to take a rapid test to get into a factory. It took 5 minutes, 200NT, and they told me it was good for 3 days of entry.
I think this is all theatrics for awhile and it will go away this summer.

Did this disappoint you?

1 Like

This is a very sad reality

I’ve never been asked my vaccination status by anyone in authority - by nosey people, yes, all the time

1 Like

In hindsight, I wish I had gone to see the doctor to get confirmation that the negative reaction I had to the vaccine was, indeed, caused by the vaccine. But, at that time, COVID and the measures around it had made simply going to see a doctor on the NHS such a headache that it didn’t seem worth it. After all, we weren’t officially being told back then that we’d need to take a booster later, so I thought I’d just ride it out. But I really regret it now.

In the last two weeks I’ve been asked almost every day to show I’ve been triple vaxxed. Sometimes by the same person. Maybe all white people really do look alike.

1 Like

Where? A gym? A workplace?

Guy

I have never been asked for proof of triple vaccination, i don’t go to a gym but i do go to bars

1 Like

Gym mostly. Couple of workplaces. One was for the updated certificate. Gym was weird though. They took away all the entry testers and hand cleaners and tried to put the price up.

3 Likes

That says a lot actually. lol :frowning:

2 Likes

What was your reaction? A headache and fever? Or something actually serious?