How long does Chungwha take to install ADSL?

From previous experience, how many days did it take from going into there store until you had working internet at home?

From calling them up to having a working internet, I think it was about a week for fibre.

1 Like

Reaaally depends on how busy the technicians are.

Last time it took about 2-4 days from making the appointment to the technician arriving and installing the router.

I tried to do it over the phone, lady said I had to go into a store…

Call again. Try a different customer service agent.

I made my appointment over the phone.

1 Like

48 hours for us, we had to activate phone and internet line in the new apartment, it was really quick.

1 Like

Please remember not all Chughwa stores can “accomodate” foreigners. We ccannot use Senao to sign up for Internet, for example. Yes, even APRC holders. You must go to a bona fide, 100% Chunghwa Telecom office. Thankfully, there are many now.

However inconvenient, thsi is an improvement. In the ol days going to Xinyi main office would get you greeted as if you had deflowered the manager’s daughter then dumped her.

2 Likes

Sorry about that!

This was last year when I moved into a new apartment. Went to the Chunghua office on Wednesday morning. Brought my rental contact, APRC, passport, stool sample, etc. (just in case). They said someone would be out Friday morning.

On Thursday they called me and said my address was not in their system. I told them the address, the same one I had given their clerk who wrote up the order (the same address on the rental agreement). I guess they didn’t believe I could possibly know how to give a correct address in Chinese so they made me take a photo of the address plate outside of my apartment door and email it to them.

Yes, I had given them the correct address. Apparently the clerk entered it incorrectly into their system. Fine. However, because of this I was bumped out of line and had to wait until the following Tuesday. I was not too pleased, especially because it was THEIR FAULT. But, I try to pick my battles and this one seemed like a first world problem so I didn’t complain too much.

Just an anecdote to read while you’re waiting for the technician…

2 Likes

Do they still want guarantors for internet too?
In the old days the RenAi rd branch in taipei was notorious for turning away foreigners. I also didn’t know you could apply over the phone.

Another option for op is get an unlimited 4g plan and tether it, high speed service, portability, and cheaper as only one bill. Plus you are up and running same day.

1 Like

When we did ours, some 7 years ago, it took them 3 weeks. When we had another line added, in 2013, that took 2 weeks.

and at certain times, is faster than their internet service!

1 Like

That true , my friend in the beitou area gets nearly 100mbps in his apartment.
I’m limited to 21mbps speed unlimited download as that’s the deal I signed up for with Asia Pacific but still fast enough for one person.

I went in on Saturday morning, no guarantor needed just passport and another form of ID, I used my health card.

They said 3-5 working days, I can’t be at home Friday so I hope they come by on Thursday. Was really easy actually and had a really nice guy help me out. Got MOD too lol. $1100 a month mailed to my apartment.

1 Like

So relatively pain free except for having to physically go to a CHT store.

Yeah I guess so. I forgot, I actually did it on Sunday.

Saturday I went to a Chungwha store around 7pm that only does cellphones, she told me where to go for ADSL and they are open till 8:30pm but they close 6:30pm on Sat & Sun. Rage.jpg