How long does it take for a work permit to be issued?

Hi all,

This seems a pretty obvious question but I can’t find any solid/consistent information on it and I was wondering what peoples experiences have been.

I was told by the Taiwanese cultural office in the UK that the Work Permit application process takes 10 working days, while other (online) sources indicate anything from 3 weeks to over a month before the permit is issued. Which of these is more accurate i.e. what is the most realistic time frame (assuming the application goes smoothly)?

Thanks in advance.

Generally 10 business days is in the norm, as my gf’s mom has a buxiban.

For me, it took about 5 business days to find out that I needed 5 yrs of relevant work experience. And then after submitting that info, another 5 business days to get the actual work permit in hand!

Thanks for the info.

I’m not sure if it’s relevant but I should add that I’m not in the teaching business (I’m in the computer industry) - would that make any difference?

No, doesn’t matter, it’s the same for all jobs. The ARC will take a bit longer though, so that might be what some have mixed up.

Thank you, that’s good to know! :thumbsup:

Learned today the ugly truth even when you are on APRC here but divorced, u still need a work permit.
National Immigration Agency confirmed always when having APRC no need for the work permit, doesn’t matter whether divorced or not.
CLA said I need a work permit when divorced.
Does anyone know whether this will be faster when having already APRC?

Can’t answer your questions Tom - sounds rough, sorry dude.

I was just posting for reference: I have now received my work permit - it took 12 working days.

FYI
Friday April 30th applied the work permit, Tuesday May 4th they approved and sent out so got it on Wednesday.
Seems with APRC it could get a little faster

bump :slight_smile:
Is 10 days still the norm?

So how long did yours take @padraig

10 business days is standard.