How long have you been / were you in Taiwan?

How long have you been / were you in Taiwan?

• 1000 years
  • Less than 6 months
  • 1 million years
  • 6 months - 1year
  • 1-2 years
  • 2-3 years
  • 4-6 years
  • 6-10 years
  • 10-15 years
  • 15-20 years
  • 20-30 years
  • More than 30 years

0 voters

I was just wondering about the mix of people on Forumosa.

2 yrs.

Watson - but surely Holmes, you just meet them all and you should be able to deduce the answer…

What happened to the poll I put here?

Sherlock. or shirley as my dad called him, was my great grandfather.

www.babashouse.com

[quote=“holmes5668”]What happened to the poll I put here?

Sherlock. or shirley as my dad called him, was my great grandfather.

www.babashouse.com[/quote]

You’re also a fictonal character? Is everybody here fictional…this may explain a lot! :help:

Matron…more drugs…

14 months

What does the length of stay say about the “mix of people”, or the people themselves, other than how long they’ve been here? I don’t get it.

1995-1997 - 2 years.

2000- now 4 years and counting…

First arrived around midday June 6, 1992. Other than short holidays, lived here ever since.

Cheers

2 years and a few months. Haven’t left yet. :frowning: Maybe this Xmas…(but I say that every year)

27 mo,4 days,16 hrs

4 years and 10 months.

Polls seem to be having issues right now. I had one in International Politics that disappeared twice. BFM was able to bring it back but each option was duplicated three times. :blush:

When I say ‘mix’ I mean I was trying to get a sense of how many long termers, short termers, people thinking about coming to Taiwan, people who have left but still have a compulsion to post, post here. I was just interested. It was a simple question that had a poll attached when I wrote it but it now seems to have disappeared.

The reason I ask is I left Taiwan 18 months ago, but still post on Taiwan forums. Actually I used to post on Tealit as Chuff, but that went down the drain a few months before I left, so now I post here and Dave’s.

There’s definitely something wrong with the polls. I tired editing your poll several times, and got all sorts of weird doubled up results.

Well, the one that’s there now has a few weird options, but should more or less work. Best I coudl do.

Brian

Brian’s right - the poll doesn’t work.

Have visited Taiwan 3 times (each for 2 weeks apiece) in the last 3 years, and have now moved here for good (well at least for the next 3 years). Moved here exactly 2 weeks ago…

so my answer is 14 days…

Trapper

7,060 days with time off for good behavior.

Three long years in early January. And a few more to come I am afraid …

Four and a half years, but I keep going home - twice a year, if I can. I figured when I first came here that after five years I’d be really good at Chinese - unfortunately, no.

About seven years if I add it all up which is about seven years too long!!!
:laughing:

It’s been a journey of fear, discovery and chronic …!