How long will you live?

I guess all those years of hard drinking and hard living catch up with you. That truly sucks, Blueface. I think I’d go nuts in your situation.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]I will die at age 57.[/quote]Knowing I’ll have to die at 57 would depress me too. Even 37 is too long to wait…

I am 27, have had high blood pressure since I was 18, had three EKGs, and a bone marrow biopsy done in the past three years. If I reach 40 I will be happy.

Chewy

I’m 35 and feel pretty damned good.

A fortune teller told me I’d live to be 82.

A psychic told me I’d live to be over 100 years old, but that I’d have to stop smoking and eat more fruits and vegetables.

I figure I’ll keep smoking a bit and eat more fruits and vegetables, and see how that works out. I don’t drink much, and I exercise.

Wait a second Tomas. Weren’t you 36 last year?

Blueface, sorry to hear about that.

My father got a kidney transplant but unfortunately died within 20 months

The thing was the kidney was ok… but with the immuno supresent drugs and the steroids he was sick alot… a common cold would have him in hospital… prolonged steroid use didn’t help either

Thing was at the end he died of a heart attack… years of bad kidneys not cleaning the body correclty had done teh damage

Any blueface666 best of luck to you :rainbow:

I guess I feel good about my chances, as I’m still a young pup, but I do have a history of heart problems in my family. The most painful one being my mother dying of a heart attack at 31. :s

I think this topic has made me sadder than I have been in a long time. :cry:

Cheers to all, I’m having a drink or two for you! (And I wish there was an emotican for “woman with pms”)

[quote=“Tomas”]I’m 35 and feel pretty damned good.
A fortune teller told me I’d live to be 82.[/quote]
No shit? Me too. Only problem is, there wasn’t a guarantee of what shape I’d be in by then. :astonished:

Stop smoking “LONGLIFE” cigarettes…and you might live to see another day with a Dunhill joint between your figures. And that’s a comment from a good friend of mine. Make any sense? :s

Guess I’ll grab a smoke and think about it…

Today is my father’s 70th birthday. He still plays 18 holes of golf twice a week, usually takes a boat out fishing with a couple of other guys once a week and is pretty damn fit for his age. His mother is still alive and quite sprightly, living in Brisbane. The family knows she’s over 90 but she won’t admit it. Her father, my great-grandfather, lived to be 94. He was still driving his car down to the shops to buy groceries up to a week before he died.

So, at 43 I reckon I’ve got a few more years in me yet.

Best of luck to everyone but especially Blueface666.

Cheers

Everyday has been an extra since I was 19. I’m rather enjoying myself. :smiley:[/quote]
A dwarf once told me, “Laddie, it’s not how long a dwarf lives that counts, but how well he lived.” Or did I read that somewhere… possibly Feist’s Magician Apprentice.

L-I-V-I-N.

According to the Death Clock I’m going to die at 46. Better get cracking then.

[quote=“brian”]One of my ex-students sent this to me once:

www.deathclock.com

Of course it is not a serious calculation, but I will be honest that the clock ticking away like that made me realize how much time I was wasting. I think that it is a good way to recognize that times slipping away and we should all make the best of our time here.[/quote]

wow. well if that website is accurate… im one happy camper. apparently i’ll live till 91… even if i continue to smoke. thank goodness for my good bmi.

realistically though, with every passing generation our average lifespan tends to grow… how fast it grows is certainly something hard to predict, given the fast pace of changes in the lives of humans. hell, with all the pollution and the gen altered meat and produce and the wars going on in the world, theoretically it could shorten for many of us. but with all the advances in medical science, maybe in 50 years the average life expectancy in a developped country will reach 100. you never know.

In canada now 1 in 3 women, and 1 in 7 men in their 60s now can expect to live into their 90s so we are almost there.

Almost anyone can live into their 80s now baring accident or a congenital disease that strikes you down in early life. Even people have strokes and heart attacks in their 60’s go on to live another 20 years if they take care of themselves. I suspect many of us posting will live to our 90s easily.

Genes are always a good thingy to have too.

My grandmother celebrated her 100st birthday recently. She’s still fresh, even kept a funny and coherent speech at the b’day party, and has no problems relating to my two daughters.

She walks slowly, she can only read with rather thick glasses, it takes time to decipher her letters, unless she prints then letter by letter, but she is nevertheless mobile, can wash and shower by herself, and still gets driven around Denmark to visit her 5 children, of which 3 are retirees.

At her recent birthday, the mayor of the town she lives in (she lives with her youngest daughter) wanted to come. She told him that his visit would be most unwelcome, however she had no problem with the radio stations and TV.

Obviously, a bad flu or mis-stepping on the stairs can kill her, but she seems to be in very good spirits.

I doubt that once dead, we’d know that we’re dead. The question as to how long will we live is therefore quite redundant cause you wouldn’t know that we’re not living as we wouldn’t know that we’re dead.

Yep, I think that’s right.

:wink:

According to the deathclock… I’m not even half way there yet.

[quote=“Alleycat”]I doubt that once dead, we’d know that we’re dead. The question as to how long will we live is therefore quite redundant cause you wouldn’t know that we’re not living as we wouldn’t know that we’re dead.

Yep, I think that’s right.

:wink:[/quote]
So what you’re trying to say is that once we’re dead we probably don’t know we’re dead so how could we tell we were dead and not alive, and if we don’t know we’re dead when we are dead, how do we know we’re not dead now, because if we don’t know we’re dead, we could already be dead now and not know because we wouldn’t know if we were dead and I think I’m about to have a bloody aneurysm from trying to work this out so if I do I’ll be sure to let you know if I know if I am dead, assuming I actually do know I’m dead and am not just dead and don’t know…

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]They will be fighting over my corpse to study to find out how I made it as long as I did.
Smoking and drinking like a true Taiwan expat doesn’t help, but I had a dream about 25 years ago that was one of those sort of seminal dreams where I realized that I would perish at 57.
Fate cannot be tempted.[/quote]

Well you are the first person I know with an expiration date on one’s arse… :laughing: when it’s time to go, it’s time to go. I’m no rush, but somedays, wouldn’t mind if I got called ‘home’. I guess it’s best to take it day by day and do the best to yourself, life and others as much as you can, cause you never know…
Also, you could eat healthy, never smoke and drink and still die young. I think one of the major reasons that the Japanese live long is their social network. If you look at other posts here, those who talk about their grandparents still living, you notice a common theme- they are active, have important loved one’s in their lives and seem to have amounts of emotional supports in their lives that make living enjoyable. :wink: