How many D in the W? (Mensa test)

intelligence-test.net/part1/

I got 30 before I googled the last 3. I really must be a genius then according to the site. :unamused:

32 out of 33. What is that last one on about? Never heard of that before!

I think they have pretty low standards if only getting 6 of those makes you ā€œsomewhat intelligentā€. :loco:

Two to go. I think that last one comes from an old sea shanty.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve got 28 correct but it doesnā€™t seem to want to know.

The only one I canā€™t get is number 15. It looks like it should be easy, probably going to keep me up at night.

15 is one of the easiest ones :slight_smile:

I gave up when i got to genius levelā€¦ :slight_smile: i mean why waste timeā€¦ i am clearly a genius.

I did these already when I was in a gifted program in elementary schoolā€¦ these things are old hat. I already knew most of them, but they didnā€™t include some of the ones that I also knewā€¦

Hereā€™s some more for you (no Googling!):

216 B in a HA

28 D in F

3 BM (SHTR) <-- my personal favorite of these.

88 K on a P

2 of E A on N A

6 G (plus K) in an ES

9 P in the SS

6 K in the BB

100 Z in a G

8 L on a S

2 D in a S (and 3 D in a C)

4 P in a HG

6 P in a TD

4 S in a D of C

3 S and A on a T

13 Y of BL

13 C in a BD

4 B to a M in CT

I got twoā€¦then got stuck at 7 W in a W. (not kidding)

Anyone get less than two? I thought not. I rule. (kidding)

Genius isnā€™t that smart anyway. You only need an I.Q. over 130ā€¦or so to be a ā€œgeniusā€ā€¦Iā€™m one as well by the way (136).

Hereā€™s another one: 1 D in an A (normally)

Iā€™ve always wanted to take a Mensa test. With they had a center here (maybe Iā€™ll go to Hong Kong.) Iā€™d be fun to pull out a certified genius card sometimes.

You can find sample Mensa tests on the Mensa site (and the country sites.)

There are supposed to be 7 seperate areas in which a brain can specialize. Hence, you could be a genius in oneā€¦and below average in another.

In school I was amazing at mathā€¦but I donā€™t understand Taiwanese grade 6 math.

Other than that, I picked up Chinese quicker than anyone Iā€™ve ever metā€¦or heard of. (lots of peopleā€™s Chinese is better than mine nowā€¦Iā€™m refering to when Iā€™d only been here a year and was fairly fluent with only 16hrs of classes).

But I still only got 2 correct answers on that testā€¦Iā€™m guessing it uses a different area of the brain than language retention and math :s .

Letā€™s see, I just got that number 15 within seconds of looking at the page. So thatā€™s all of them. I see my earlir post was Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:14 pm and itā€™s now about that time again on a Monday night so itā€™s taken me roughly 13 days. There wasnā€™t a time limit was there?

A slow genius perhaps.

[quote=ā€œmiltownkidā€]Hereā€™s another one: 1 D in an A (normally)

Iā€™ve always wanted to take a Mensa test. With they had a center here (maybe Iā€™ll go to Hong Kong.) Iā€™d be fun to pull out a certified genius card sometimes.

You can find sample Mensa tests on the Mensa site (and the country sites.)[/quote]

I think that was one of my first posts on forumosa like 4 years ago, about finding someone to administer an IQ test to get into Mensa. Now I think my brainā€™s so fried by living here, Iā€™d be lucky to be accepted into a kindergarten class.

31/33

I had to google numbers 28 & 30 (though the latter answer crossed my mind, without stopping).

Why would one want to be a Mensa member? If people know you are a Mensa member then they usually think youā€™re some kind of weirdo or something. :laughing:

No idea. Personally, Iā€™m just killing time on a rainy day.
(My aunt is a Mensa member and sheā€™s very weird)

Certified weirdo :wink:

Not sure really, was something I heard about a LOOOONNGG time ago and always wanted to do. Just another thing to cross off the list I guess.