How many deaths need to occur?

Most estimates put the number of Iraqi civilian deaths at 25,000 to 35,000. The high estimate of 100,000 has been discredited as a projection. But let’s look at the silence that has exemplified the left about another past conflict, one that the Left and its minions like to bring up when talking about unwinnable wars… Let’s look at the real costs of say leaving or inaction in Iraq…

In addition, while there is much handwringing over internal migration because of ethnic fighting…

townhall.com/opinion/columns … 96170.html

so I am truly sorry but to listen to those on the left talk about their concern for the 35,000 Iraqis who have been killed is truly aggravating. These lefties were also totally silent about the tens of millions killed by Mao, Stalin and other communist leaders in the past century.

AND remember that these 35,000 deaths have often been at the hands of terrorists and criminals. So let’s wake up and support the US efforts in Iraq. We can and should learn lessons from Vietnam and that is not to listen to the left…

They were also silent when Sadaam Hussein was putting people through the industrial grinder. But let’s not confuse them with facts.

If you’re so gung ho for sticking it out and winning this war, frederique, why don’t you sign up and go support the troops in Iraq?

Otherwise, aren’t you just a tad hypocritical (and cowardly) demanding that others go over there to die for what you believe is a just and winnable cause?

I have never felt the urge to handle and stroke “potently powerful big guns.” I will leave that to you and Che Guevera.

I do not live in the US but I like to have the right to vote about what goes on there. I do not have children but I still am very concerned about public education. I am not yet retired but I still am very interested in retirement and medical programs.

So, perhaps, not hypocritical after all. I think that the word we should be using here is “simplistic” since I believe that it best characterizes the views of certain posters.

Also, why not hop back into that discussion on Cuba and bring us some evidence to discount the UNESCO report showing the high standard of living and equitable division of wealth in Cuba prior to the revolution that brought your “heroes” to the fore? But then, I suppose playing a losing hand is not what you are really interested in doing. I get that. I think most of the other posters, ironically even the ones that tend to support your “views” get that as well.

Anyway, keep that poster of Che up above your bed. I am sure that his image will be the source of many fantastic fantasies for you. Knock or should I say whack yourself out…

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]If you’re so gung ho for sticking it out and winning this war, frederique, why don’t you sign up and go support the troops in Iraq?
Otherwise, aren’t you just a tad hypocritical (and cowardly) demanding that others go over there to die for what you believe is a just and winnable cause?[/quote]When one has nothing of substance to say, it is most times best to go right ahead and not say it…:flog:

The post- 1975 genocides that occurred in South Viet Nam and later in Cambodia (Kampucia) are very valid items to be brought to the tabkle for consideration.
An overwhelming majority of Iraquis, as well as Afghanis, have made the decision that the best future for them, their families and their country is to proceed with the freedom revolution in their country. If a pull-out of security forces is effected they know well what fate awaits them at the hands of the paid terrorists, criminals and hired murders being pipelined into their country from other countries.
To support another Rawanda, Cambodia or Sudan genocide is disgraceful. And this would plainly be the result should a pull-out occur prior to stability be achieved.

Ahh, when logic fails resort to snappy insults and off-topic diversionary tactics. Well done. :bravo:

There’s a difference between advocating for better schools and urging your country to invade other sovereign nations without provocation and in violation of international law (or continue waging war in such nations) so thousands of young people with less opportunity than you can be sent over to kill and be killed in foreign lands. I still believe your comments are hypocritical.

Edit: that was addressed to Fred, not to you TC.

Thinking of Che again? haha

how so?

So you do find them snappy?

well it depends on if you view the same lack of sense by concerned lefties to represent a pattern or not?

Thanks.

What is that difference?

gosh even your own precious UN viewed Iraq’s behavior as provocative hence 17 UN resolutions.

What is international law. Actually, Kofi Annan set the precedent with his approval of US and British action in Kosovo which he termed technically illegal but justified. So?

But that is my point exactly. Take them back like we did in Vietnam and 35,000 will swell to 350,000 or even 3.5 million.

actually it is probably more accurate to say billions with less opportunity than me but thanks for putting it at the thousands…

Last time I checked the US military was completely voluntary in basis. Has that changed?

You still believe that Che is a hero and a sex symbol. So mille pardons for my inability to give great credence to the recrudescence of adolescent adulation that you have for misguided psychopaths who are handsome, virile and passionate…

I think we were all clear on that…

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]
…without provocation and in violation of international law (or continue waging war in such nations)[/quote]
Iraq was in violation of the 1991 Gulf War cease fire. In such circumstances the other parties are within their rights to resume hositilities.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]
…thousands of young people with less opportunity than you can be sent over to kill and be killed in foreign lands.[/quote]
My understanding is the United States has a volunteer army. Everybody knows when you volunteer you take your chances, and you don’t get to pick who you fight.

Well, almost everybody…

cbc.ca/story/canada/national … 60504.html

35,000 people dead? That’s got to be less than .00001 person per share.

All wars are fought for the same reason – the good of mankind. The best, clearest way then to tell the difference between the just ones and the unjust ones is if the perpetrators are willing to die in their own war or insist that others do the honors instead.

Yeah right…

Anyway, while I would never serve in the armed forces, i would be most open to considering administrative positions that would put my life at risk if something came up…

As opposed to an agitprop unit where you risk stacking on a few extra pounds quaffing fine food and drink? :laughing:

HG

[quote=“fred smith”]

so I am truly sorry but to listen to those on the left talk about their concern for the 35,000 Iraqis who have been killed is truly aggravating. These lefties were also totally silent about the tens of millions killed by Mao, Stalin and other communist leaders in the past century.

AND remember that these 35,000 deaths have often been at the hands of terrorists and criminals. So let’s wake up and support the US efforts in Iraq. We can and should learn lessons from Vietnam and that is not to listen to the left…[/quote]

Some experts have said that if those deaths you are refering to never took place…that the population in Europe would be so overly inflated by now that you’d have starvation.

I’m in no way saying that the killings are “ok”…but on the other hand the biggest crisis the world is facing right now…is a population crisis.

And with regards to something more easily talked about…the black plague…people have also said that if that hadn’t taken place that the U.K. would be unliveable by now.

Yeah right…

Anyway, while I would never serve in the armed forces, I would be most open to considering administrative positions that would put my life at risk if something came up…[/quote]

Of all those who voted to go to war in Iraq, have they or a single family member of theirs served in combat in Iraq?

Just the Jewish ones… hahahah

Compared to the Black Plague, Bush is really not that bad.

Just the Jewish ones… hahahah[/quote]

Anyone you can name or are you just firing blanks?

That’s why Fred doesn’t have any kids.

BroonAsserts

Here’s another question, and it’s a math problem.

1991 : Country A is 17,820 square km. It is invaded by country B. Country C requires 500 000+ troops to secure country A.

2003 : Country C wishes to liberate country B, which is 431,072 square km. They send less than 250 000 troops to do this.

Question: How many times does the defence secretary of country C have to hear this before he realizes he f***ed up?

Oh goody.

Yes, the First Gulf War and that was a smashing success…

But should you not have an A-1 in which we discuss the events in Bosnia where the nation became overly dependent on NATO troops to keep the peace… and A2 where the same happened in Kosovo and A3 where the same happened in East Timor???

Or perhaps we could ask this question of the frequent detractors: How many times does the Defense Secretary have to answer questions from simpletons?