How many genders are there?

Not really.

Meh.

I believe there are aspects to gender that are social constructs, but not enough to make gender a spectrum. That’s what this thread is about - a discussion on gender. As always I’m not 100% certain in my belief and could be persuaded otherwise if persuasive arguments are provided.

Which posters do you think are taking things personally?

For me the key contradiction is if gender is a social construct then how can people innately feel that they have been wrongly assigned gender at birth? Gender can’t be 100% a social construct and innate.

Also, if gender is a spectrum then there are around 7.5 billion genders. Personality would be a better description.

1 Like

Exactly, it’s pointless if there are unlimited amounts of genders. There’s no use for it if that’s the case. No one can possibly know what another person identifies as.

Americans complaining that Canadians are too litigious. :roll:

What’s next? Canadians have too many guns? :rofl:

But Andrew & Co…

…why aren’t you warning us this is a conspiracy to implement sharia law? :astonished: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously though, this is K-Man style blogging.

For the first case (in Ontario), there’s a link to a previous blog post that in turn contains a link to a report in a mainstream newspaper. Okay.

For the second case (in BC), there’s just a link to two blog posts, one of which quotes what looks like a genuine report but neither names nor links a source, while the other (written by a lawyer from the organization representing the estheticians in question) is also a dead end. What happened to your dislike for unattributed quotations, Andrew? :cactus:

In other words, they settled. People do that all the time, for various reasons. Ask the Donald. :cactus:

That’s an odd claim to make, considering that they’re already being represented for free.

So yeah, the ladies (and at least one of their +1’s) already have free lawyers, but they’re still somehow oppressed by the cost of defending themselves. If someone attacked me with a completely hopeless case, I wouldn’t even hire a lawyer. I would just show up at the hearing. :2cents:

(We don’t know all the facts, obviously. If there’s an important part of the story that’s missing, then maybe the complainant does have a case after all.)

“The legal sky is falling! Trans people are going to destroy civilization!” :runaway:

What’s ironic is that the legal sky actually is falling right now in Canada, but for reasons that have nothing to do with trans activism.

There’s two genders, but multiple orientations, lifestyles and so on. People should be free to live how they want. But we can’t suddenly decide to change the definition of “gender.”

2 Likes

All.

There are 18 according to Thai government.

1. (Straight) Male
    A man who likes women.

2. (Straight) Female
    A woman who likes men.

3. Tom
    A woman who dresses like a man and likes women or Dees.

4. Dee
    A woman who likes manly women or Toms.

5. Tom Gay
    A woman who likes women, Toms, and Dees.

6. Tom Gay King
    A manly Tom who likes Toms.

7. Bi(sexual)
    A woman who likes bisexuals, Toms, lesbians, and men.

8. Boat
    A man who likes women, Gay Kings, and Gay Queens (does not include Ladyboys).

9. Gay Queen
    A womanly man who likes men.

10. Gay King
    A manly man who likes men.

11. Tom Gay Two-Way
    A Tom who can be both a Tom Gay King or Tom Gay Queen.

12. Tom Gay Queen
    A womanly Tom who likes Toms.

13. Lesbian
    A woman who likes women.

14. Kathoey/Ladyboy
    A man who wants to be a woman.

15. Adam
    A man who likes Toms.

16. Angee
    A Kathoey who likes Toms.

17. Cherry
    A woman who likes gay men and Kathoey.

18. Samyaan
    A woman who likes Toms, lesbians, and women, and can also be any of them.”

1 Like

Now this is a tongue-twister…

2 Likes

or to to the extreme like Canada to require people to by law

I haven’t read the news from Thailand recently, but I guarantee you Prayuth is not saying that.

Requires what? Don’t make me deconstruct more false claims about “pronoun laws”, please & thank you.

This is your assumption, right? Not stating the fact that it doesn’t exist because you don’t believe so?

I’ve noticed gay women seem to be incredibly specific about their preferences. I suspect that back in the day they were all just lumped together as “maiden aunts”, which surely amounts to the same thing: the chances of getting laid must be virtually zero.

Some European (non-UK) based companies using advertisement to recruit their employees for most position as:
XXX Engineer (M/F/D) or XXX Ingenieur (M/W/D)
M stands for Male (M : männlich)
F stands for Female (W: weiblich)
D stands for Diverse (D: divers)

Of course this would still offend some people because their preferred gender pigeon-holed as either of these three genders.

Either that or just because of the question itself…

:roll:

Okay, give a source for your “Thai government” quotation. We’ll see whether or not this guy said it. :cactus:

Prayuth%20bananas

A fruit-based religion. I like it!

Fruit is good!

水果大法好!

1 Like

“My son, have you heard the good news about beta carotene?”