How many new jobs open up after chinese new year?

I’ve heard that a lot of jobs open up after chinese new year, how true is that ? I have been looking for a job for about a month now and I’ve been told several times to check back with the school after Chinese new year, are they simply being polite ?

So far I have only applied for adult teaching jobs because I don’t feel that I am qualified to teach children. I don’t have any training in teaching children while I have worked in the high tech industry in the US for 6 years so I think I have some qualifications to teach buisness or adult english.

I have enough savings to stay in Taiwan and attend Shi-Da for another 4-5 months but I would rather find a job in the next month or so. Should I start applying to children teaching jobs ? Or should I hold out another month and keep on looking ?

For work in other areas here, the new jobs opening up after CNY is pretty close to the mark. Traditionally that’s the time for people to cut and run – hang around just long enough to get the hongbao and then hasta la vista, suckah!

However, I’m not sure if that’s the case in the English teaching world. I think the jobs are thicker on the ground at the start of new semesters, but I have no idea when those might be.

i had a hard time finding work after CNY but that was not due to lack of work. There were other factors that I think came into play. I don’t think you will find it hard to find a job after CNY, because not only are people cutting out after they get their hongbao, but employers are also looking for fresh meat.

I say keep your eyes open and your ears to the ground. Hold out for what YOU REALLY want and except nothing less.

Best of Luck, you’ll get what you want. :rainbow:

You only need one. There will, however, be plenty to choose from. Whittle down your list now.

Chou