How much does it cost for a buxiban to sponsor an ARC?

Just curious. I assume it is relatively expensive.

The actual cost of a company to sponsor an ARC is only 500 TWD.

1 Like

I suspect most of the cost (and the cost they will tell you to guilt trip you) is going to be the cost for the employee of the bushiban that must be paid to process your ARC.

1 Like

To my knowledge, the employer just gives you a work permit. The arc is yours to get.

Oh I see. I guess I meant to say - “how much does the work permit cost?”

Work permit 500 (not your money)
ARC 1000 per year (your money)

1 Like

Hi. I was interviewed at a buxiban for a part-time teaching and they said I need to shoulder the cost of the work permit. They told me something around 4k-ish NTD. I checked the workforce website and I saw the 500 NTD review fee. Is that the same as the work permit fee? What could be the 4k NTD mentioned by the buxiban?

Just guessing, but I think sometimes they use agencies/agents to process it, and they also charge a fee of course. I’ve heard a similar amount from a friend before.

I don’t know what the norm is in Taiwan, but the idea of paying to work would irritate me enough to say “sod it, I’m not doing that”, personally.

They said it’s because I will only be hired as part-time so they will not pay for my work permit. Anyway, they are asking for the copy of my passport and ARC so they can start processing it. But I’m still uncomfortable to give it to them. If in case I did give it to them, and during the processing time I decided not to work for them, can they use the fact that they have a copy of my passport and ARC and currently applying for the permit to threaten or force me to work for them?

Can they not just take that out of the pay? I’m very skeptical about having to pay to work. There’s a lot of scams like this. Get you to pay, then give you almost no work.

Go find another employer.