How much for a rebuilt engine?

I have yamaha 125 something or other. It’s burning oil pretty bad, so I want to replace the engine.When I had my breaks done a few weeks ago,the mechanic quoted me 5000 nt for the engine.I’m not sure if that was just to replace the rings ect,or to relace the engine.Can someone give me a ballpark figure on how much a rebuilt should cost?

THANKS!

I got quoted $7000NT for a 150cc, so I think the price you were quoted is about right.

I would agree that the price is fair. I just had to replace my engine (125 Sanyang Duke). It cost 6000, but I also have a 2-year guarantee on the work. That was in Taipei city.

I would agree that the price is fair. I just had to replace my engine (125 Sanyang Duke). It cost 6000, but I also have a 2-year guarantee on the work. That was in Taipei city.

At 5000 for a four strokes engine, you’re doing ok.

For that price, they most likely will oversize your sleeve and replace the piston and rings. They will also clean the head and replace the valves. So basically, you keep the same engine but they bore it bigger and replace the internal parts that are old and worn out.

bobepine

I recently had mine rebuilt for 4500.