How much is Shih getting paid ...?

I wonder about how much he and his associates are being paid to stage the sit-in … I never believe that he and other ‘organizers’ are doing this for free …

It just came to my mind after I read an article that one of the decision makers (Wang Li-ping) quit her job on the sit-in and now only was volunteering … so some must be paid … and the other poor bastards or just sitting there and taking up vacation or just not going to work?

And is the pay in NT$'s or in RMB’s…? :smiling_imp:

nahhh USD or CHF… don’t be so dumb…

Knowing how venal and lascivious he is, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been offered a luxury villa in the location of his choice across the water, together with a fat pension for life and half a dozen nubile “maids” and “nurses” to serve him à la Mao Zedong, if he can pull off deposing Chen or at least inflict some substantial damage on Taiwan’s democratic system and social stability. The deal would have been brokered by the likes of his buddy the fugitive criminal Chen Yu-hao or any PFP legislator.

But while he may well be expecting his twenty pieces of gold for a job well done, I reckon the main motivation for his extraordinary betrayal of Taiwan is sheer egotism. As I wrote elsewhere:

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]Having gained the chairmanship of the DPP on the strength of his 25-year incarceration but almost nothing else, SMT’s failings as a leader, politician and person were glaringly exposed. His stardom quickly began to wane, and before very long he was out on his ear and had been replaced by other far more capable and honorable people in the party. Thereafter, his political fortunes continued to plunge, culminating in his humiliating defeats in the 2002 Kaohsiung mayoral election (where he received a mere 8,000 votes, just 1% of all votes cast), and in Taipei in the 2004 legislative elections (i.e., crushingly rejected by the electorate in both the south and north of Taiwan).

Consumed with bitterness, be became a forlorn figure on the outskirts of politics, cashing in as best he could on the 25-years-in-prison-for-democracy tag, but otherwise largely treated with disdain by the political establishment. His huge ego was deeply lacerated, and his envious rage was stoked to ever greater intensity as Chen and other DPP leaders flaunted the power that he believed could and should have been his. Hell hath no fury like that of a third-rate egomaniac politician who slides down the slippery pole as others successfully take all the limelight and power at the top.

So there was SMT, an abject failure and largely a figure of ridicule, living on handouts from assorted criminals (thank you very much for that luxurious home) and politicos of various hues that threw him a few bones on the offchance that he might still be of use to them some day. And then his big chance came along, a chance to put himself back in the public spotlight and have the immense satisfaction of rallying mob hatred and assault against the man whose success so painfully magnifies his own unbearable nonentity.

Being the kind of person he is, how could he not have seized this opportunity with both hands, even though it has involved the most contemptible betrayal of the noble people who put their own lives on the line to help him in the darkest days of his past, and has necesitated his bedding down with the very people who imprisoned him and would have killed him if they could have got away with it. Every last pretence at having any honour or integrity abandoned, this washed-out has-been is enjoying his last hurrah at the center of attention and now will be able to go to his grave with a smirk on his revoltingly degenerate face.[/quote]

Well, someone told me that they’d been paid to demonstrate. Apparently the going rate is 1800NT per day (plus lunchbox etc). They said that it goes up on nights when they want more people there (like the one when they walked around the place). Not sure how reliable this person is, they’re a friend of a friend.

But if they are right, then Shih would be getting a lot more than that.

Being paid to stage a sit-in … not bad … and than telling people it’s the patriotic feeling he is doing it for … hypocrite

Omniloquacious

:notworthy:

Also, you would not have to pay all of the NT$1800, just a few loud mouth lieutenants to drum up fervor. It’s an old politico ruse.

NT$0

Omniloquacious, that was great. Where did you write that? I want to link to it online.

Michael

Though there is a possiblity that this figure is true, if you look at the man and his past, it is more likely that he is either (A) a hired rabblerouser for some deep-pocketed blues, or, worse, the Reds from across the Strait or (B) his motives for staging this little party is to get back in the spotlight and back into politics, or at the very least, feel cool agian before he dies. Though the later is slightly commendable, it is quite hypocritical of him to be screaming about Chen being an affront to democracy, etc, etc and then himself joining rank and file with politicians equally, if not more corrupted than the president’s alleged crimes. Furthermore, didn’t the KMT lock him up for 25 years of his life? If his motives are so noble, I can’t really understand that being enough to abandon his principles, betray those and everyhting helped to build, and embrace his captors. I can’t help but wonder the same question as the OP.

I just wrote it in one of the other threads here, where it was buried amid the welter of disinformation spewed out by AC, Zeugmite et al, but thought it bore repeating in the more directly related context of this thread.

Let’s parse this a little bit. How is he “embracing his captors”? The “KMT” that was his captor was a party-state. I hope you understand what that implies, but in case not, it means its membership has since been distributed to all the parties in Taiwan, yes, that includes the DPP and especially the TSU, while its state apparatus has been passed on to the current ruling party (DPP). So I ask again, who and where are these “captors” today? It’s ridiculous to me how long CSB has been able to milk the paranoia among his hardcore supporters of a reactionary counter-revolution by the rump KMT, and the effect has been to blind them to his faults and elevate him to the status of cult leader, aka “Son of Taiwan.”

But if knowing all this, you still believe the KMT is the permanent abode of SMT’s captors, then I’m sorry to say that Ma is at best ambivalent about removing Chen (much to the displeasure of SMT) and the KMT is not involved, so there is still no embrace. There goes that argument.

Not to mention there are two cults on Taiwan with one “spiritual leader.” Freaks me out when I heard ROC tolerated political parties with “Spiritual Leaders.” Seperation of Church and State must have been one of those lessons skipped that day when they were forming new parties on Taiwan.

Omniloquacious,

You seem almost as bitter as Chewycorn with the DPP. I’m telling you stop fooling around supporting amateurs in politics on Taiwan. SMT and CSB are both amateurs and political hacks. There are only a few people on Taiwan left with real political experience in building a consensus. Unfortunately none of them are on the Green side of the equation.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Not to mention there are two cults on Taiwan with one “spiritual leader.” Freaks me out when I heard ROC tolerated political parties with “Spiritual Leaders.” Seperation of Church and State must have been one of those lessons skipped that day when they were forming new parties on Taiwan.

Omniloquacious,

You seem almost as bitter as Chewycorn with the DPP. I’m telling you stop fooling around supporting amateurs in politics on Taiwan. SMT and CSB are both amateurs and political hacks. There are only a few people on Taiwan left with
[color=red]real political experience in building a consensus.[/color]
Unfortunately none of them are on the Green side of the equation.[/quote]

hmm my minds a blank…anyone?

Wang Jin-ping perhaps…

[quote=“ac_dropout”]
… I’m telling you stop fooling around supporting amateurs in politics on Taiwan. SMT and CSB are both amateurs and political hacks. There are only a few people on Taiwan left with real political experience in building a consensus. Unfortunately none of them are on the Green side of the equation.[/quote]

:roflmao: :ohreally:

I’d say Lee Teng-hui, but the reason they’re using the word “spiritual” is that he is only in a position commenting on things as they are and a cheerleader and does not actually conduct political deals.

Omni, that was right on the money. Well though out contributions like yours add to the knowledge base of this forum. On the other hand the twisted logic, half-truths, snide remarks and racial insults contributed by the same 4-5 trolls adds little to the promotion of intelligent discourse. It’s little wonder their opinions are respected by so few and are really a waste of effort on their part.

It’s not a matter of having a difference of political opinion either; it is the stubbornness of their opinions. The blues/reds can do no wrong even when a factual truth stares them right in the face. (kind of like bush supporters in the IP forum). I think its fair to say the majority of the people here really only care about truth, justice and the rule of law for a better Taiwan. “We” are just as likely to criticize the green party for their screw-ups as the blue/red mistakes.

Okay then this troll would like someone to provide facts of SMT recieving salary or compensation. Reciepts, fake or real, can be submitted to this forum for debate.

So why not the title “consultant” or “advisor.” Doesn’t LTH have any English advisors to tell him “Spiritual Leader” has a connotation that he is leading a religious cult in the English language. Unless that is what he wants native English readers to believe that is what he is really doing.

I wonder if Omniloquacious includes CSB as one of the “noble people” ?

Is pan-Blue’s like Li Ao a noble person as well?